UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Greddy Emanage Installation

Old 01-13-2013, 02:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Emanage Installation

Hi folks!

Looking for a bit of advice. I have recently purchased a 'Giles pre-tuned' Greddy Emanage Ultimate with a pnp harness. The original plan was to install the unit myself, but have came to the conclusion I would prefer the unit to be installed by someone experienced, for peace of mind. Are there any ecu tuners / installers in Scotland (preferably near Fife area) that can be personally recommended?

Any info welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Kev
Old 01-13-2013, 02:57 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Its not difficult to install it yourself mate its plug and play though you need to take panels off etc.

From what I've been told most people say they wont tune it, or say they can tune it then when it comes it have problems and get fed up.

You have to understand it limitations first and how to use, the word on the forum used to be it was a bag of shit shit but i proved that wrong about 4 times over now, it'll never compete with a standalone though.

I have tuned and tweaked 8 S2000's now, 4 on a greddy emanage ultimate (some of the guys are on here and in the US).

Giles was good at tuning and he really got the best out of it but, many years ago I and others had problems and ended up creating a map from scratch. The problem is it was setup on US cars and you cant guess throttle position values although they wont be massively out. Giles locks his map with a password so you can't access them.

It is not tuned via map sensor! it controls the injectors i hear this a million times and it pisses me off.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/955...e__hl__emanage

I could have a look but your in Fife I'm in newcastle.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:43 AM

Cheers for the reply mate.

Ive found a web page which shows you how to remove the kick panel etc to expose the ecu, just not 100% sure on plugging the emanage into the ecu (complete novice with electrics). Can any damage be done to the electrics when installing a pnp piggyback? Is it a case of visual common sense, as in the you can clearly see what plugs go where? I really dont want to do any damage to the existing electrics etc. hence why I'm looking for someone that knows what they are doing.

Sounds like you know what you are doing, just a pity your a 3 hour drive away from me. I might be up for making the journey though just for the peace of mind someone that knows what they are doing installing it.

Ive searched high & low for a step by step emanage installation guide but to no avail. Do you know of any web page with a step by step guide?

Cheers

Kev
Old 01-13-2013, 05:46 AM

A photo of the complete pnp unit
Old 01-13-2013, 06:55 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's pretty obvious when removing though a pita to get the panel to go back on with all the connectors.

hopefully the dip switches are set up correctly and harness is correct not an issue until you lower vtec which you will need to do.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give these guys a call. They should be able to fit it all and check that its running right on your car

http://www.sosmotorsport.co.uk/

They are in Falkirk btw.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe Gerry at Performance Tec in Glasgow? Heard he is the Honda man around our parts, though a bit further away.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:02 AM

It's the biggest piece of piss going, the only hard part is getting the security bolts off the ecu, but you can just an imperial socket onto it and crack them off.

If you search my threads, I did a write up somewhere...
Old 01-13-2013, 08:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He is, but he hasn't got a dyno to check the map is ok.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:14 PM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

when i installed mine aj aka s2konroids built a map for me and programmed it remotely as i live in Texas. so he is very well versed in the black art that is the emanage so as long as you can plug and unplug connectors and use a laptop and usb cable your good. just have to do some data logs without getting nicked by the cops as you will need some 4th gear pulls. i will be going for a retune in a month or two currently at 7 psi on my ctsc with stock injectors water meth and emanage gtech pro 310 hp as of now. stepping up to 9 psi will be the same thing except after some data logs i will go to dyno and aj will put the final touches on the tune expecting 350 hp so just my personal experience good luck hope it works. i actually sent the emanage harness to boomslang and let him set it up so that vetc could be altered cost me 30 dollars and aj can chime in on this whether its needed or not and if it makes tuning easier

Quick Reply: Greddy Emanage Installation