UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Groupama Insurance

Old 02-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Groupama Insurance

I have just received my renewal from Adrian Flux and they have changed my policy from being underwritten by RBS to Groupama Insurance Limited who I have never heard of.
Upon googling them, they are listed as a budget insurance company which concerns me given the recent thread on Adrian Flux.
The qoute in itself is fairly decent at £452 fully comp, protected NCB and legal cover with a £350 excess but I having never heard of this lot I am reluctant to spend my hard earned cash with them for the fear of what the hell would they be like if I ever had to make a claim!!

Has any one ever used them or had to make a claim with them - if so, what was your experience like & would you use them again?

Also, can any one make any insurance recommendations other than what is listed on the S2KUK benefits as the comparison webshites are crap
Old 02-16-2011, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BM - that is a mighty impressive quote!!! I won't be as bold to ask how old you are but the best I found was somewhat more expensive as documented here recently...

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...post&p=20163265
Old 02-16-2011, 10:04 AM

Received 73 Likes on 60 Posts

I am with them, this year and last through a Broker, only dealings were for a new windscreen, which was a Fiasco getting it done not because of them but Autoglass, and the job was ok no problems

I paid £340 last year
Old 02-16-2011, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by CHIPPO,Feb 16 2011, 08:04 PM
I am with them, this year and last through a Broker, only dealings were for a new windscreen, which was a Fiasco getting it done not because of them but Autoglass, and the job was ok no problems

I paid £340 last year
Rub it in Chip !
Old 02-16-2011, 10:30 AM

i think groupama do our home insurance.
never claimed, and never delt with (was all handled by estate agents pretty much), so i cant comment on any aspect of them apart from regular monthly deductions.

edit: does it matter who its underwritten by? you deal directly with flux if anything happens - what happens between flux and the underwriters isnt a concern?
Old 02-16-2011, 10:38 AM

Received 73 Likes on 60 Posts

I am old , and don't do many miles in it LOL , just wait you whipper snapper, be patient
Old 02-16-2011, 10:43 AM

I've used them in the past and they were competitive. Never had cause to make a claim, so can't really say how good they were.

Insurance is of course often described as being like a parachute - you've got no idea how good it is until you need to use it - at which point it's probably too late.

If you want a generally insolent service then Equity Red Star are highly recommended. Otherwise steer well clear.

Google should have been my friend - lesson learned.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hammyS2,Feb 16 2011, 07:00 PM
BM - that is a mighty impressive quote!!! I won't be as bold to ask how old you are but the best I found was somewhat more expensive as documented here recently...
At 39 I don't consider myself as old & neither to majority of insurance companies when I go on these comparison websites & plenty of places are qouting in the region of £1000.

Tescos compare threw up a qoute of £1800 a few nights ago as the most expensive and Highway as the cheapest at £650.

Going to give Sky and Performance Direct a go tomorrow as per the benefits but I am right in thinking that these are just bokers too?
Old 02-16-2011, 03:59 PM

Although I'm not sure about their motor side, I used to deal with Groupama's commercial business side for a couple of years.

They are a French Insurance company who from memory have either an A or A- Standard & Poor's rating which is a decent enough credit rating if you are worried about their financial stability. I wouldn't have thought of them as budget though.

I did find their business claims dept to be inflexible but so are most these days.

NFU Mutual have been one of the more flexible insurers I've dealt with when it's come to claims handling although they hated my S2000 when I went for a quote.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:16 PM

BM - A Plan's underwriters are Markerstudy. The same as Sky I believe.
Both for me came in with the best result. I'm still amazed by your quote!!! I'm 40, have 8+ years no claims and live in a reasonable area (once the asbos have been eradicated ) and Flux came in at £900. I just don't get it.
Maybe they miss read "Manager" for "Hit man"!!! I'd like to see your findings for the other companies here!!

Chip - I'd like to think I'll always be 18 at heart but there must be some cut off point when you realise that this is complete nonsense
- "Living in denial Hammy". Got to be careful as denial is full of alligators and poisonous fish.

Feck - NFU were rated best by Which? for their policies/service and were great for buildings and contents but agree on the car - way out of the ballpark.

Quick Reply: Groupama Insurance