UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

gutless

Old 09-02-2007, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally I wouldn't get it dyno'd (not yet at least). Come along to a meet or check here for local S2k owners, go out in their S2k and see if there's any difference. If your car is then still slower in 4th/5th then have it checked out.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:19 AM

dont get me wrong it goes ok just not what i expected, is there any ideas on the rattle before vtec? more when its colder, about 4000 rpm ish?
Old 09-02-2007, 03:35 AM

Nashby,

I have a similar problem. Take a look here:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=521769 but more specifically the clicky at the bottom of Dark Blue Mark's sig. May or may not be related.

(by that I mean the info and your problem - not you and Dark Blue Mark....)
Old 09-02-2007, 04:02 AM

ok that could be a good place to start, i have reset ecu but not changed any sensors, it idles ok, sometimes it gets rough in traffic but i think that is the heat thing lol has anyone had what sounds like a cam shaft rattle below vtec rpm when coldish
Old 09-02-2007, 04:18 AM

In all of the S's i've driven so far i've always been wondering where the power is, but its as Boab says coming from other cars where you dont have to work so hard for the power makes it a really different drive.

To me it seems the S is like all cars, it has a forte.
Some cars blow you away in a straight line and some effortlessly waft you to a million miles an hour without you even noticing. The S seems to like a back road and a bit of punishment.

I was amazed at how hard they need to be driven to feel anything.
My advise would be to get it checked over and find some twistie roads to hammer down!
Old 09-02-2007, 04:22 AM

lol have been trying that loads, its fun, but still, does anyone have any idea on the rattle below vtec revs?
Old 09-02-2007, 04:37 AM

All of the ones i've driven so far have sounded rattly and quite harsh apart from the brand new one i tried at the dealers. Not sure if they get like that over time??
Is it just a general harsh sound? Does it get worse if you downshift? Apparently Honda did a recall on the clutches a good while back as they made the car sound harsh on downshift which people didnt like. Thats what i was told by a friend that bought one in 2000 anyway.

Someone will give you a good response soon i should think.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:39 AM

It does also have a clutch vibration on overrun, but its on gentle acceleration just below vtec,
Old 09-02-2007, 04:43 AM

You really need to recalibrate the way you think about driving the car, the fact that you've come from a torquey big beemer says it all...

My S didnt start to feel uber quick until probably 2 years after I first got it??! But then it was my first RWD car and i'm young and have only been driving for 6 years in total, its not just the power delivery and high revs either its a combination of alot of factors and you need to be *very* active with the gearchange so extract the best from it.

Yes initially it feels lethargic, especially in a straight line but once you master it, it is one ****ing amazing and very VERY quick car! Part of the reason that it hasnt become a roadtest classic is, I feel, because of this long learning curve which you really don't 'get' until you've spent a hefty chunk of time with the car...

Persist and it really will blow you away.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:45 AM

Oh and i've driven many many seriously quick cars in the time i've had the S so i'm not without some lofty points of comparison

Quick Reply: gutless