UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Hampshire area?

Old 09-02-2007, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hampshire area?

Hi all

Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong area but I'm still finding my way around the forum.

My current drive is a Chrysler PT Cruiser, and I've had one for the last 5 years. Not the best drive in the world, but owning one has been good fun thanks to the UK Cruisers owners club of which I'm currently one of the national organisers. I originally bought a PT because I needed a family wagon, but was pleased to find that it lent itself to modifications (cosmetic and even performance) and, better still, that there was an active owners club.

My circumstances have recently changed so that I don't need a car for ferrying the kids around any more, and after much reading and short listing I've decided to buy an S2K. For me, there's no better looking car on the road. What I'm looking for is a well cared for MY2004/5 GT, probably in Silverstone or Moonrock.

Part of the fun of owning a car is participating in (and contributing to) the owners club, and for the past five years I've spent many weekends attending UKC club meets and wider car shows both locally and around the country...at least when there's been nothing going on at Santa Pod (my second home ). My question is: Is there an active S2K membership in or near the Hampshire area, and are there local meets?

Cheers
Chris
Old 09-02-2007, 11:30 AM

Welcome!

There's a regular South Hants Meet. Thread for the last one below:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=510548
Old 09-02-2007, 11:32 AM

I was just about to post that.

Hello and welcome.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:10 PM

Thanks both. I know the Yew Tree and I'll keep an eye out for the next meet.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:22 PM

Hello Chris

I had a PT as my "sensible" car until a couple of months ago. I'm now on my second S2k and it is moonrock.

I'm still in the PT club as well as the S2k club. I only use the clubs for forums and advice but find them an essential part of ownership.

You'll love the S2k. About as different as you can get from the PT - apart from the smile factor!

Geoff
Old 09-02-2007, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by geoffk,Sep 2 2007, 08:22 PM
Hello Chris

I had a PT as my "sensible" car until a couple of months ago. I'm now on my second S2k and it is moonrock.

I'm still in the PT club as well as the S2k club. I only use the clubs for forums and advice but find them an essential part of ownership.

You'll love the S2k. About as different as you can get from the PT - apart from the smile factor!

Geoff
Hi Geoff. I didn't realise you owned an S2K as well...expect I'll be in touch!
Old 09-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Chris, there are loads of meets And the North Hampshire meet is a cracking drive when Mike does it (mikdys)

Old 09-02-2007, 12:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work in Liss, believe it or not. There's a Nurby Blue I've seen in the village a few times, and a lot more often in the queue for Hindhead.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:02 PM

I should really start making the effort to come along to a couple Hants meets, especially now I'm working in North H!!

Maybe see you soon
Old 09-02-2007, 01:04 PM

Dembo - I've seen a Nurby blue one in Liss, and I know the Hindhead queue well!

AquilaEagle - Where does the North Hants meet take place?

As for buying, there's a local-ish dealer that sells S2Ks - 'S2000-4U'. Has anybody bought from them?

Quick Reply: Hampshire area?