UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Heated rear screen wiring

Old 03-05-2008, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated rear screen wiring

riteo.

S2000 goes to Carhood Warehouse in Chessington on Friday to get the new roof with glass rear screen (heated)

My Car doesnt appear to have a switch anywhere for a heated rear screen, but there does appear to be a 'spare' button by the light washer jet button by the handbrake... is this where the heated rear screen button goes?

I want to get it all wired in asap, so what do I need, how hard is it to do, how much does it cost, and if I cant get my head round doing it, where can I get it done?
Old 03-05-2008, 11:52 PM

Yup, there's a removable blank here to fit the button. You'll also need some additional wiring I think. Not sure, but it'll probably be the same as the wiring from a hardtop fitting kit. Depends on the model year of your car.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you bear with me, I have all this detail already.

I will dig out the info later today and post it up

Kiwi
Old 03-06-2008, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Kiwi-S2000,Mar 6 2008, 12:57 AM
If you bear with me, I have all this detail already.

I will dig out the info later today and post it up

Kiwi
you star, thanks

car is a year 2000
Old 03-06-2008, 01:18 PM

I'll be interested in the answer to this too as I have the switch and the wiring loom from the switch to the hardtop however don't have the loom between the hardtop and relay which runs along the passenger side of the car as I understand and behind the dashboard.

Where can I get that wiring loom or piece of wire (whichever?)...
Old 03-06-2008, 01:43 PM

well, i did my 00my.

a grand total of
Old 03-06-2008, 02:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As promised, here we go......

Check out some of my previous comments

Demister link

Another Link from me, about wiring for the rear

Hope you found all of these useful.

Cheers
Kiwi
Old 12-14-2008, 01:31 AM

*Update*

Bought some parts to do this, and went to fit them this morning!

Parts I had was the relay, switch and wiring harness.

Went to do the wiring harness first..... and its the wrong plug type!

Wiring harness is holes, plug in the car is 3 pins... brilliant.

Any ideas which cable I should have been given for this? Part number for this cable I have at the moment is 32204-S2A-000
Old 01-03-2009, 06:38 AM

Right... so.. the latest !

I contacted hard top guy who replied with

"You have the correct parts. The USDM cars have the 4 pin harness. You'll have to take that 4 pin connector apart. The black wire and the black with yellow stripe wire are both ground wires. The black with red stripe wire is the power wire for the defroster and the small light blue wire is for the soft top switch defeat. I don't know what color wires are in the connector on your UK spec car, but I would assume you should have a power wire, a ground wire, and the soft top switch defeat wire. Just match them up and you'll be set."

Super.. so I went and got a connecting block and wire cutter+stripper from maplins and set to again today.

Took off the trim behind the passenger seat, the side catcher and the sill protector, and looked at instructions that I found here - http://www.cheaphondaparts.com/shop/instru...ns/aii23531.pdf

Only issue is... im stuck again! There is a wire thats connected to the side of the car (white connector, 2 wires) is this what I need to connect this too?

I've taken some pictures to illustrate, and would appreciate a bit of a helping hand here.

Firstly, the wiring look with the connecting block put on

The wiring loom with the connecting block wiring close up so you can see which wires are which

The connector which was hiden behind the panel behind the passenger seat. Up close so you can see which wires are there

The sight that met me under the side catcher. The white connector I am assuming is some sort of grounding wire as its just plugged onto a metal prong on the side of the car.

appreciate some guidance guys !
Old 01-03-2009, 08:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs down

How amusing.
I just had the same thing with my harness for the hardtop I fitted.
Also used Hardtopguy but no reply to my exact same question.Never realised they shipped with a different connector, no big deal as I already took the plug apart and pushed the spades in the correct holes on the car connector and shrink wrapped it all

It's not the two pin in your pic that you wire the chock block into, the main chassis connector is behind the middle of the passenger seat on mine - tucked in the boot opening and near the thick black corrigated cable tube.
In those notes its called the "4pin chassis connector"

You must IGNORE the two pin connector entirely. It is to connect to the hardtop catcher bracket where a pin switch is fitted. When a hardtop is fitted the pin switch disables the softop motors - softop defeat pin switch.
(What you are looking at in the pic you posted is the connector to the interior lamp door switch and softop motor)

So, find the bigger 4pin connector higher up and behind the rear seat trim panel and make off the three larger cables, live and two neutrals for the new heater socket. Yours may be only THREE pin on the earlier car, but you still have a 12V live, a black neutral and a softop defeat wire.

1.Tie the black & black/yellow TOGETHER (both neutrals) into the THICK BLACK core on the cars 4pin socket (neutral)

2. Connect the black/red striped on the harness to the black/red striped on the cars 4pin connector (+12v)
Yours may be a different colour, possibly just RED, you need to test that its 12v to be sure.

3. Ignore the 2pin socket and tuck out of the way (for hartop bracket connection)

4.Ignore the turquiose thinner wire (softop defeat pin switch connection)

5. Have a beer.

Please scale those pics as they are too wide and messing up the pages!

I didn't have a white connector block on my Hardtopguy harness, I had a three pin socket. So, I think I had what YOU should have received LOL
The MY06 car has a 4pin plug as per the fitting guide so I pulled the three out and did this to the hardtop[guy harness :

Black Neutral
Brown 12V
Turquoise Soft top defeat

Quick Reply: Heated rear screen wiring