UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Hello all, hope you can help

Old 05-10-2014, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello all, hope you can help

Hi all, Just signed up and this is first post.

I've been driving a 200HP astra diesel for the last 8 1/2 years, and it's been fantastic, and I know what to look for with them for sale/purchase. However age is starting to show on a car used every day, for upto 35k miles a year, and things are starting to fail, so now I'm looking elsewhere.

As the Mrs has the Mondeo ST estate, I now no longer need a proper sized car, and have fancied an s2000 for some time (as I can't yet afford the DB9/S), and I now only do about 14-17k a year.

Can you guys give me any tips on what to look out for? I'm looking to spend max 7k (plus trade in if it's forecourt, but don't know what I'll get for my car at the mo)

I've seen the post and the main section of what too look for, but I'd like to know what you guys think I should be able to purchase in that region, what pitfalls, what's expensive to fix, and what's no problem, Me and mrs are OK with simple mechanics, but we both prefer the Capri era of motoring to all the electronics of now.

And the main thing, I've seen a pic with 2 sets of golf clubs in the boot of one, would a mountain bike fit too? (wheels off and seat down).

Ta much for any advice, I'm not in too much a hurry hopefully decide by August.

If you see any recommended motors for sale approx 100 miles of Durham (Between Hull, Edinburgh, Carlisle, Lancaster basically) feel free to pop me a message or reply for me to look at, I'll Look at further afield when the time comes, but I want to see what's out there, and what to expect before I buy.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:28 AM

Hello,

You should be able to get a decent 03-04 for that sort of money, not sure how anyone managed to get two sets of golf clubs in, 1 maybe at a push, not a chance of a mountain bike fitting. To give you some idea the boot is designed to fit one of the rear wheels in it (in the event of a puncture) and then you could fit a supermarket carrier bag either side behind the wheel arches.

Good luck with the search!
Old 05-10-2014, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by StuS2k
Hello,

You should be able to get a decent 03-04 for that sort of money, not sure how anyone managed to get two sets of golf clubs in, 1 maybe at a push, not a chance of a mountain bike fitting. To give you some idea the boot is designed to fit one of the rear wheels in it (in the event of a puncture) and then you could fit a supermarket carrier bag either side behind the wheel arches.

Good luck with the search!
LOL, as for clubs in there, a pic on these forums

Originally Posted by CKit