UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Help needed!

Old 12-03-2008, 09:41 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

kawasakithe, ecu will remove the cel light if the parameter which caused it is corrected. I would drive it for 10 to 20 miles and see if it goes out. If you can get the code then even better.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just an update this.
had the lid on all day and night last night and drove home yesterday with the light still on..

Leaving the car sitting there overnight, I got in this morning and the light decided to switch itself off! odd!

Either way, i brought one of those
Old 12-04-2008, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad it sorted itself!
Old 12-04-2008, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread grabbed my interest yesterday evening and I decided to do about an hour of searching into probably causes. I'm sorry to say that I came up with nothing definitive . I did however have a quick scan of the codes in the FAQ section, and there is a CEL thrown if the air intake temp is out of range, when reading that, I thought it probably fits the bill for yours. If it was freezing conditions, and your airbox lid was off, no doubt the air being sucked in was affected.

I also read, that a CEL can apparently be thrown if the petrol cap is loose,!! my first thought was that it was just a wind up post, but no, it's apparently true. If you''d just filled up with petrol, and then the CEL is thrown, I'd be checking to make sure the cap is closed properly.

I learnt something new yesterday, and just thought I'd share.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:47 AM
MB

We need the code or you are just going to be guessing, champion hero.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by MB,Dec 4 2008, 02:47 AM
We need the code or you are just going to be guessing, champion hero.
Aye
I'll post up the code once the reader has come through from ebay - I rang a few friends up last night but unfortuantely, no-one i know has one that I could;ve checked whilst the light was on.
Will update when i know more!
Old 12-04-2008, 02:54 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=pistonbroke,Dec 4 2008, 10:45 AM] there is a CEL thrown if the air intake temp is out of range, when reading that, I thought it probably fits the bill for yours.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:56 AM
MB

Even if the light is gone, it will store it, as long as the ECU hasn't been reset

Geniscan GS300 is the reader I would choose.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:40 AM

Scanner just came through - top service from that ebayer!!!!

ok i just popped down to the car after reading the FAQ and i know the location of the ECU - but how do you get to it exactly?

Picture was stolen from the FAQ - do you have to take the panel off on the side leading up the side of the dash, the kick plate and the panel covering the ECU??
Are they all just snap off snap on?
Im at work at the moment so didnt want to get stuck into anything major right now obviously...

As for the ODB2 reader - i just chose something cheap. Whilst i was intrested in ones that tell me the air temp, amount of particles in the fuel, and the time in zimbabwe - it would probably mean sod all to a car-novice such as myself
The model i got was readily available on ebay - its the Memo Scanner U380.
Seems like a solid bit of kit - tells you the code and the book has about 10 pages of generic fault codes listed. Perfect for you guys to diagnose for me - if I could only work out how to get to the damn thing of course!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:32 AM
MB

That's my pic.

You dont connect the code reader there.

Look under the dash and you will see the connector port for the reader. It's sort of up and right in that pic. Nothing needs removing to get to it

Quick Reply: Help needed!