UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

help! wiring/fitting hardtop on MY00

Old 03-03-2011, 03:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! wiring/fitting hardtop on MY00

hi guys, i've just bought a hardtop fitting kit off ebay, but not sure i've got all the right bits i need.

on this pic (taken by another user) i've only got the wiring loom on the left, do i need the one on the right?

the only wire i can find behind the passenger seat is this brown one (but it doesnt connect to the loom i've got) is this the right wire i should be connecting to?:

also, i must be missing a wire as i've got nothing to connect to the defroster button...

another thing, i'm at the point where i'm fitting the new bushes too, but on the drivers side there is a push switch connected to it (looks like honda alarm wiring?), what can i do about this? if i put this on the new bush will it get in the way of the hardtop?

what specific bits do i need to wire this up? anyone got part numbers?
Old 03-03-2011, 04:05 AM

having a lot of trouble with the push switch thats in the bush, i've tried fitting it in the new bush, but then it blocks the guide hole for the hardtop. anyone know what this switch it for? i assume its so the alarm knows if the soft top is up or down, in theory i want it to think the soft top is up dont i (when i've got the hard top on)? does it disable some sensors when the soft top's down?

also, how does the hardtop actually secure at the back? does it just sit in the catchers and thats it? doesnt seem very secure
Old 03-03-2011, 02:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi mate,

For what it's worth, there's a switch (small button) but mine's on the nearside mount?
This is how the car knows that a hardtop is fitted, it disables the soft-top circuit when it is pressed in. Only found out yesterday, as I had problems "getting it up" yesterday, (my switch was faulty)

Heres an extract of the circuit;

Old 03-03-2011, 02:16 PM

hi, pretty sure the push to break switch on mine is part of the honda alarm wiring, plus with yours being a 2006 car it'll have different wiring to mine (2000 reg car). the button you're talking about is on one of the hardtop catchers (i've got those on mine now, so i have this button too - not that its wired up yet)
Old 03-03-2011, 02:23 PM

i urgently need to know about the wiring looms, do i need the other one? (the one on the right in the first pic?), is this the only wire i need? will that run from the catcher all the way to the button in the centre console?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:49 AM

anyone????????
Old 03-04-2011, 01:31 AM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you may need to read this thread, that switch I think is for the defroster, scroll down this link you'll see...
problem is that the pics have been lost since the site upgrade, but I'll contact the OP to see if he can fix.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/540...top-with-pics/
Old 03-04-2011, 01:44 AM

unfortunately that write up is for an american 2002 model, so its completely different to my uk 2000 car.

the switch thats on the bush you mean? definitely not for the defroster, as my car hasnt got one!

its help with the looms i need more than anything, i need to know which i need (left or right in that pic?), which wire connects to the defroster button in the centre console??
Old 03-04-2011, 02:58 AM
xoz

With a MY00 you have no defroster correct?
Have a look at HTG site and see for the MY00. Looks like RHS wire in pic, only because LHS def looks like 2002+

http://www.hardtopguy.com/store/prod...&cat=92&page=1
Old 03-04-2011, 03:07 AM
xoz

Just so happens that I may need that 02+ loom as I'm getting a OEM soon, I haven't checked but I thought you just unplugged the rear window defroster when you put the HT on and then plugged that loom in. The switch I was thinking of sits in the back panel hole.
lmk if you don't need to use that LHS loom in the pic cause I may just buy it off you.

Quick Reply: help! wiring/fitting hardtop on MY00