UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Hit in a hotel car park

Old 05-09-2008, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit in a hotel car park

Stayed at a hotel in Beaconsfield last night and was there for a meeting today.

I parked on the end of a row and left a lot of space for the next car to avoid typical door opening bumps.

When I drove off this afternoon I spotted a piece of paper under the wiper - could do easily have blown away but I managed to grab it.

"Hit your car, no damage
in case you find any
Stephanie I will (the "I will" is crossed out)
07794282807"

Stopped the car when I had chance and had a look.

Well clearly there is damage, a few scratches and small gouges in the rear bumper but it'a also pushed out of line a little. The shut line under the light is bigger and, viewed from behind, more of the tyre is visible.

From the location of the damage the person was parked perpendicular to my car. They reversed a good fifteen feet out of their space, into my car.

Got home, called the number......"you have dialled an incorrect number"

Fecker!

Just called the hotel to see if they got anything on CCTV. Given that it rained this morning and the note is dry / unsmudged I'm hoping that narrows it down a bit.

Great way to start what looks like being a very sunny weekend.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Xd

Sad to hear that Gareth, hopefully the bumper clips have just been knocked out so it can be stuck back in place. The rest, well possibly some buffing else a respray

Lets hope they have something on CCTV.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:14 AM
PJD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's disgusting.

I imagine that she dilerberately done one digit wrong, as a safety net in case she is caught on cctv or someone took down her numberplate, - she can then say it was a mistake in case a charge is made against her (not stopping after an accident or such like).

They must have a list of people who stayed at that hotel, - anyone called Stephanie who checked out yesterday?
Old 05-10-2008, 05:35 AM

Or why not check with the hotel what "Stephanie" was checked in....
Can't be that hard to work out.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:37 PM

Hotel have been really helpful.

They looked at the CCTV - I was able to narrow it down with my detective work - and have the whole incident on tape.

I have her reg no., and the hotel will copy the incident (the actual bump, her getting out and looking, writing the note etc) for the police.

I just have to go to my local police station and fill in a "non-stop road traffic collision report"

I assume she though she was avoiding paying an insurance excess. Now she'll end up with a potential criminal procedure against her. Ha ha.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:52 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by GarethB,May 11 2008, 02:37 AM
Hotel have been really helpful.

They looked at the CCTV - I was able to narrow it down with my detective work - and have the whole incident on tape.

I have her reg no., and the hotel will copy the incident (the actual bump, her getting out and looking, writing the note etc) for the police.

I just have to go to my local police station and fill in a "non-stop road traffic collision report"

I assume she though she was avoiding paying an insurance excess. Now she'll end up with a potential criminal procedure against her. Ha ha.
Don't assume the worst, it may have been a genuine mistake, or even a misread on your part - I saw a woman reverse into my car a couple of years ago and I managed to write her phone number down incorrectly. That she actually bothered to get out and write a note indicates good intentions to me. Or maybe I'm just too nice/naive?

It'll be interesting to find out her actual phone number - good luck with sorting it all out.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova,May 11 2008, 10:52 AM
Don't assume the worst, it may have been a genuine mistake, or even a misread on your part - I saw a woman reverse into my car a couple of years ago and
Old 05-11-2008, 02:37 AM

i vote on geniune mistake - atleast she popped a note under your wipers with a number.

could be worse, you could be kiwi-2000
Old 05-11-2008, 02:38 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

At least it's only bumper damage; may be reinstallable.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:40 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Hope you get ti sorted...Kind of hassle you can do without...

Quick Reply: Hit in a hotel car park