UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 11-21-2016, 01:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now I'm dreading the fuel pump change.. bah. There arent any guides with pretty pictures around are there??

Fuel pump's arrived - Injector's have arrived; waiting on the PnP harnesses now. Took a few days off from work in preparation! Monkey - I might end up making mimms afterall.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:20 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Good man Mr Trunkz.
Fuel pump is easy enough to do, just a bit fiddly.

1) Pull Fuel Pump Fuse below steering wheel. (Check your hand book for location)
2) Crank car a few turns to drain most of the fuel from the lines
3) Un-do the plastic clips from the shelf behind the seats. Vertical (Long thin rectangular) panel across the back held in with 3 trim clips, the flat (Panel the soft top sits on when down) panel has 4 "push in" trim clips along the area behind the seats. Just feel for them.
4) Using trim tools, pull the vertical panel from the back. Use a bit of force.
5) Open boot, remove spare wheel and pull back carpet on right side to expose fuel filler neck.
6) Use a bit of force and hit up against the "raggy" foam to dis-lodge the "Flat" panel.
7) Push the front bit up into the car and turn on its side to slide out through the boot.
8) Undo the screws on fuel pump cover plate.
9) Unplug the electronics, undo the fuel hoses, remove the screws holding the pump down.
10) Pull out pump, being careful not to damage the fuel float lever arm. Some turning and angling of the pump may be required.
11) Replace pump
12) Re-fit in reverse.

I will try and take a few photos and do a quick "How To" this week if I get a chance.

Some basic info here:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-ga...-556222/page3/

This is the rear panels you need to remove:
https://www.lingshondaparts.com/hond...8&block_05=hcr
No 4 and No 6
The following users liked this post:
mikegsi (11-21-2016)
Old 11-21-2016, 05:38 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

It took me about 10 minutes to change the pump, its super easy. Make sure you buy a new filter from Honda, it comes with all new parts and is only couple quid.

It takes about an hour to get the shelf and pump out though due to access!

When running a live from the battery to the gauges, how does everyone do it, do they use a switched earth of the ignition fuse or something along those lines?
Old 11-21-2016, 06:15 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

There is a spare connection on the fuse board that only comes live when you turn the key to the ignition position. When you crank the engine the supply will go dead to aid the starter but it comes back on once the starter button is removed.

There is also a supply that stays live all the time even during cranking on the fuseboard. I know this because i had to connect my racelogic traction control to it otherwise the car wouldnt start.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:14 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Last edited by E4RTH WORM JIM; 11-21-2016 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by johnckeen
It took me about 10 minutes to change the pump, its super easy. Make sure you buy a new filter from Honda, it comes with all new parts and is only couple quid.

It takes about an hour to get the shelf and pump out though due to access!

When running a live from the battery to the gauges, how does everyone do it, do they use a switched earth of the ignition fuse or something along those lines?
I run my oil pressure gauge on the constant live; the other two gauges on ignition

Some of the US guys suggest re-doing the power supply lines to the Walbro as they are too thin. I recall reading about this on SOS site as well - thoughts on this folks?

Last edited by Trunkz; 11-21-2016 at 11:53 PM.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:14 AM

There is no need to redo the pump wires unless your upping the fuel pressure by quite a bit, sub 400bhp is fine on standard wire... Thats what I've read anyway and my tuner didn't say anything about fuel struggles on tuning.

I was taking a look under the bonnet last night and I really dont like the position the vtec solonoid plug is by the supercharger. Has anybody firgured out a way to move it, all i can think of is rewire it to extend it out the way?
Old 11-22-2016, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by E4RTH WORM JIM
Thanks, this is perfect. Surely the UEGO would need to be on the ignition but not go off on cranking, wouldnt it upset the ECU going off and on like that?
Old 11-22-2016, 12:16 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

It is a bit of a pain of a location, but I just followed the instructions and tucked it away behind the HKS backing plate. Its out of harms way. so happy to keep it there.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mr-T
It is a bit of a pain of a location, but I just followed the instructions and tucked it away behind the HKS backing plate. Its out of harms way. so happy to keep it there.
It does get rather warm there though!

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic