UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 05-25-2017, 06:46 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by CynicG
I've got Spoon engine mounts and it's like sitting on a tumble dryer with a breeze block in it on spin. But mine is not a road car much anymore so it's part of the compromise
That was my fear. I have a spare set of OEM mounts but last time i looked the ones on the car looked fine. I'm a bit stumped on what to do. I thought the Torque damper would have been a better choice but it doesn't look like there is a bolt on available
Old 05-25-2017, 07:31 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

I have an ingles i took off and always been figuring out a way to put it back on.. Still havent figured it out yet but when i do I'll let you know.
Unsure why your having contact issues though, I'll take a picture tonight and see how tight mine is compared to yours.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all your answer, very synthetic and clear.
So in sum I could say that from installation point of view, the crucial step is mapping, rather than the kit itself. Are instruction provided clear?
What is about car balance? Does the kit increase front weight a lot?
Just another question about consumption, in normal condition do they rise a lot? I read about an addictional pump. Sorry if I am not precise, but why is it necessary?

Thanks again
Old 05-25-2017, 08:56 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

I got the softer of the vibratec mounts and to be honest they are pretty good. Alot better than the Megan racing items i had before which really shook the interior about.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:47 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I did a run yesterday with mainly motorway and a couple of 'boots' joining motorways, I averaged just over 25mpg which I didnt think was too bad considering.

The installation manual was very easy to follow, both pictures and description.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:04 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mikegsi
I did a run yesterday with mainly motorway and a couple of 'boots' joining motorways, I averaged just over 25mpg which I didnt think was too bad considering.

The installation manual was very easy to follow, both pictures and description.
numbers i can only dream of lol

i took my car out yesterday after it was aligned as i needed to make my car higher to clear ramps and bumps. Car was undriveable, slightest hint of a pull and the temperature gauge went up :/ i have emailed EFI and i am trying to get the car booked in for a remap, at least i will then know if it is the map or my car that is at fault, plus the map will be unlocked so i can datalog and hopefully be able to find out the cause a little easier if it still has issues.

this wont be for another 2 months though while i sort out the respray on the car

I would really love to have at least a little bit of summer to enjoy this car this year due to last summer being a write off
Old 05-26-2017, 06:16 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey guys... finally had a chance to get my car dyno tuned... here are the results.
Keep in mind I'm running the 110mm pulley and I have a US/Canada spec AP2 with a 8k rpm redline.

Also my torque curve seems wavy but I think I'm getting resonance from my exhaust because it's all stock aside from a 60mm test pipe.... however the car does pull smoothly.

Old 05-28-2017, 10:12 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Probably done a good 1000 miles in the last two weeks and pulled the plugs out to fit the step colder ones i've had for ages. No issues at all. Will be keeping them as spare

New plugs on the left and old on the right.

I reckon at the base boost levels provided by the kit you would be fine with the OEM plugs assuming you didn't have a silly amount of ignition advance. I run about 11.7 AFR in boost which keeps things nice and cool.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by d1000rr
Hey guys... finally had a chance to get my car dyno tuned... here are the results.
Keep in mind I'm running the 110mm pulley and I have a US/Canada spec AP2 with a 8k rpm redline.

Also my torque curve seems wavy but I think I'm getting resonance from my exhaust because it's all stock aside from a 60mm test pipe.... however the car does pull smoothly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyBjaA0kkFs
What about the belt with smaller 110 mm pulley, which type should be used?
Old 05-29-2017, 11:04 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by markforrester99
Probably done a good 1000 miles in the last two weeks and pulled the plugs out to fit the step colder ones i've had for ages. No issues at all. Will be keeping them as spare

New plugs on the left and old on the right.

I reckon at the base boost levels provided by the kit you would be fine with the OEM plugs assuming you didn't have a silly amount of ignition advance. I run about 11.7 AFR in boost which keeps things nice and cool.
They look hardly used lol! My are a brown/tab colour.

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic