UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 09-29-2017, 03:06 PM
UK Trader

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Define198
You should have all the details of the install and pictures from the flutter issues I had, hks should to! Can't really drive the car anywhere I limped it home luckily only down the road from my house, going to take the pipe work off tomorrow so I can confirm what has happened, I'm pretty gutted
My work mailbox (1gb) has limited storage so I will need everything again - maybe use a drop box or a cloud storage?

I have the spreadsheet here still - but I'm sure you have updated a few things since it was last updated in March?

Also have you checked the TCT and the traction fluid?

Last edited by Si@Hendy Performance; 09-29-2017 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:12 PM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Define you can't immediately say the charger has broken etc like that without looking first.
it could be something completely separate to the charger that is causing the lack of power.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was your bad map that caused a failure of some sorts but do get the facts before posting something like this as it's not good for you or anyone else.
I hope what ever is broken can be fixed without hassle and grief as you have had more than your share of this in the past.
​​​
Old 09-30-2017, 02:24 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by johnckeen
Define you can't immediately say the charger has broken etc like that without looking first.
it could be something completely separate to the charger that is causing the lack of power.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was your bad map that caused a failure of some sorts but do get the facts before posting something like this as it's not good for you or anyone else.
I hope what ever is broken can be fixed without hassle and grief as you have had more than your share of this in the past.
​​​
Unfortunately it is obvious, as soon as it happened i heard the noise and lost power i knew exactly what was wrong. No sound from the charger moving air etc. Anyway, i have just moved the intake and put my finger on the propeller while turning the pulley, and both move independently of each other... So i can confirm snapped shaft, exact same thing that happened to my friend with his kit.

Will need to take some more bits off to get photo's/ videos just came back in to cry a little lol
Old 09-30-2017, 02:27 AM

Ok,
sorry if it looked like I was having a go.
Hopefully will be an easy fix, it's not like you've been a dick and abused it so very odd.
fingers crossed for you!
Old 09-30-2017, 02:40 AM

Ok,
sorry if it looked like I was having a go.
Hopefully will be an easy fix, it's not like you've been a dick and abused it so very odd.
fingers crossed for you!
Its a easy fix in the sense i just need to take the charger out and put a new one in, but easy does not mean cheap £££ unless HKS will help me out.

Thats the thing, as you know i haven't even been able to abuse the car lol even if i wanted to! most of the miles on the charger have been done going back and forth to work at a steady pace, going to london for meets, having paint work done to the car and going to get the car tuned, i have occasionally been able to drive the car "fast" but not for longer than a few minutes before my coolant temp rose. Also by the way the new map did not fix my over heating, i thought it had while on the motorway but it was a cool day. So although i ended up with an unlocked ecu and better fuel economy/ better cold start and a few other things im happy about, the coolant temp issue is still present.

Last edited by Define198; 09-30-2017 at 02:42 AM.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:44 AM

That's odd, there must be something else then that isn't quite right with your car or the temp gauge on the car is bolloxed.
I've done a track day on mine but tbh not pushed hard on road as it's just to sketchy with the roads the way they are but I've had zero issues apart from belt starting to slip again.
fingers crossed hks will replace charger on warranty!
Old 09-30-2017, 11:19 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

​​​
IMO this post needs editing.

A shitty map wouldn't cause the blower to snap its output shaft.

Reads bad IMO when OP maybe using this thread to help his warranty claim with the manufacturer.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:27 PM

I think you need to re read, I said a failure of some sorts.
I was just saying don't jump to conclusions because if it ends up being something else you will look a little silly.
define stated he hadn't looked yet so I was merely making sure he checks first before posting about it.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:50 AM

Looking on the interwebs for other stories of failures, and theirs a huge thread on a brz/gt86 forum with quite a few people suffering the same failure as me and my friend. So it sounds like its a known problem, something to do with a threaded piece and the threads wear down causing the propeller to not spin anymore.

though it is a 7040L charger, rather than our 7040?

Not sure if links to other threads are allowed or not?

HKS Supercharger owners thread - Page 46 - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB
Old 10-02-2017, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Define198
Looking on the interwebs for other stories of failures, and theirs a huge thread on a brz/gt86 forum with quite a few people suffering the same failure as me and my friend. So it sounds like its a known problem, something to do with a threaded piece and the threads wear down causing the propeller to not spin anymore.

though it is a 7040L charger, rather than our 7040?

Not sure if links to other threads are allowed or not?

HKS Supercharger owners thread - Page 46 - Scion FR-S Forum Subaru BRZ Forum Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB
Sounds bad,
I've had my charger off twice now (blue loctite on all bolts when installed) and been on one track day with zero issues.
Hopefully these failures are few and far between!

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic