UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 11-23-2017, 11:48 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by boys2k
Got a HKS kit and AEM V2 and now trying to list what else I need in order to install - I dont track mine, will just for spirit driving...
  • Walbro 255 fuel pump
  • Deatschwerks 800 cc injector
  • do I need regulator?
  • Oil cool - any recommended brand?
  • Hondata 4 bar map sensor
  • NGK BKR8EIX
  • Oil catch can - do i need this
what else do I miss? or anything I should take off the list?
Have you uprated your clutch?

Possibly a new BOV depending if you get the flutter like a few of us did

I dont run a catch can, but a couple of others do, oil cooler - You probably wont get away with fitting a oil cooler with oem filter, so either small filter or you may need a relocation kit, was looking into this myself but i would want one with a thermostat built in as i drive the car year round, no one seems to offer them in the uk, Greddy and improvedracing from usa seem to be best options. or you could just run relocation with no thermostat
The following users liked this post:
boys2k (11-23-2017)
Old 11-23-2017, 11:54 PM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Define198

I dont run a catch can, but a couple of others do, oil cooler - You probably wont get away with fitting a oil cooler with oem filter, so either small filter or you may need a relocation kit, was looking into this myself but i would want one with a thermostat built in as i drive the car year round, no one seems to offer them in the uk, Greddy and improvedracing from usa seem to be best options. or you could just run relocation with no thermostat
you can get the mocal thermostats all over the uk for your oil cooler.
boys2k (11-23-2017)
Old 11-23-2017, 11:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Define198

i had clutch done a month ago.

will look into BOV flutter issue, hopefully mine will be ok. Thanks for the info on relocation kit info!
Old 11-24-2017, 12:07 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by boys2k
Got a HKS kit and AEM V2 and now trying to list what else I need in order to install - I dont track mine, will just for spirit driving...
  • Walbro 255 fuel pump
  • Deatschwerks 800 cc injector
  • do I need regulator?
  • Oil cool - any recommended brand?
  • Hondata 4 bar map sensor
  • NGK BKR8EIX
  • Oil catch can - do i need this
what else do I miss? or anything I should take off the list?
Guessing you changed your mind on selling the kit then.
  • Walbro 255 fuel pump - Same as what im running
  • Deatschwerks 800 cc injector - i opted for ID1000 as i was informed they idled better than the Deatschwerks
  • do I need regulator? - No
  • Oil cool - any recommended brand? - most opt to make their own kits so that they can be located under the headlight.
  • Hondata 4 bar map sensor - same as what im running
  • NGK BKR8EIX - same as what im running
  • Oil catch can - do i need this - no but i have opted for one as i didnt want to blow all that crap back through the SC
Clutch i wouldn't worry about. my cars got 70k on the clock and its not slipped once.
upgrade BOV is a must in my opinion. Define198 had the chatter and i believe has done the most mileage and his charger failed.
I would also look to upgrade your rad if you can
Not sure if you have or plan to ever upgrade your exhaust manifold but its worth doing now as i had to pay for a full remap when i had mine installed.
I also deleted the erg pump and hoses. cleans the bay up and isnt used with the kit.

Think that's about it
boys2k (11-24-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by har-vey
Guessing you changed your mind on selling the kit then.
  • Walbro 255 fuel pump - Same as what im running
  • Deatschwerks 800 cc injector - i opted for ID1000 as i was informed they idled better than the Deatschwerks
  • do I need regulator? - No
  • Oil cool - any recommended brand? - most opt to make their own kits so that they can be located under the headlight.
  • Hondata 4 bar map sensor - same as what im running
  • NGK BKR8EIX - same as what im running
  • Oil catch can - do i need this - no but i have opted for one as i didnt want to blow all that crap back through the SC
Clutch i wouldn't worry about. my cars got 70k on the clock and its not slipped once.
upgrade BOV is a must in my opinion. Define198 had the chatter and i believe has done the most mileage and his charger failed.
I would also look to upgrade your rad if you can
Not sure if you have or plan to ever upgrade your exhaust manifold but its worth doing now as i had to pay for a full remap when i had mine installed.
I also deleted the erg pump and hoses. cleans the bay up and isnt used with the kit.

Think that's about it
Thank you!
ok i will go for ID1000 as well then.
BOV - which one would you recommend?
I have Mishimoto rad so should ok
manifold is Js racing but thinking if i need heat wrap?
Old 11-24-2017, 01:12 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by har-vey
you can get the mocal thermostats all over the uk for your oil cooler.
Can you link me to one that's a relocation plate with thermostat built in? i spent a lot of time looking and sent a few emails to different companies and no one seemed to offer one in the uk
Old 11-24-2017, 02:03 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

I fitted an OT gauge to mine (TTS) running similar boost. On road i dont think you’ll need an oil cooler (based on my experience) my car runs stable temps

having said that mine is often in bits so cooling isnt an issue.

fit a wideband (i cant see if anyone suggested that already as i’m on mobi)

think about your entire exhaust before tuning. Mine was too loud for track so i had to get another then retune like Steve (although i used AJ and he’s not expensive)
boys2k (11-24-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 05:53 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Hold of on the BOV until you know if you have the issue otherwise its wasted money (mine runs stock with no flutter issue). It seems to not affect all so might not be needed.
I run an oil cooler kit made from parts from demon tweeks, i have a thermostat sandwich plate and a full size oil filter K&N which fits no problems at all. I am taking it off though as my temps are running around 65 degrees on the road which is too low for my liking. I have a 3 core mishi rad and heat exchanger still fitted.
100% need a wideband, if you dont fit one then your a little silly in my eyes.
Most important part is take your time, dont cut corners and double check everything as you go along then have fun
boys2k (11-24-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by johnckeen
Hold of on the BOV until you know if you have the issue otherwise its wasted money (mine runs stock with no flutter issue). It seems to not affect all so might not be needed.
I run an oil cooler kit made from parts from demon tweeks, i have a thermostat sandwich plate and a full size oil filter K&N which fits no problems at all. I am taking it off though as my temps are running around 65 degrees on the road which is too low for my liking. I have a 3 core mishi rad and heat exchanger still fitted.
100% need a wideband, if you dont fit one then your a little silly in my eyes.
Most important part is take your time, dont cut corners and double check everything as you go along then have fun
thanks for the advice, yes i'm taking my time, trying to find all the right parts before I fit the charger early next year.
what brand do people use for wideband?
Old 11-24-2017, 08:45 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

i use the AEM wideband but i have had a sensor die on it so i'd be wary of recommending it. iirc they are about £80-90 but can be hard to get quickly. I think har-vey also had that issue

get a decent gauge mount too .. think about the gauges you want up front, i think you wanna watch AFR and temps, maybe oil pressure
boys2k (11-24-2017)

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic