UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Honda TSB's

Old 12-04-2001, 06:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Honda TSB's

A number of TSB's have been released by Honda for the S2000 - many of these are detailed in the s2ki library. For obvious reasons the TSB's listed there are of US provenance - does anyone know if any / some/ all of these are also issued to Honda UK?

Thanks in advance

Ian
Old 12-04-2001, 06:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only recalls I know of are the tonneau cover replacement and the seatbelt recall which I've had done on my 2000 model.

The term 'recall' is only used in the motor trade for actual safety issues which both the above were. Other non safety issues are usually just dealt with by dealers on a warranty basis. I don't know of any.
Old 12-04-2001, 06:22 AM

Yes - I think that is about right as far as recalls are concerned.

However, TSB's cover all manner of things which have come to Honda's attention as regular (but by no means universal) problems with the car which they accept (if so stated on the TSB) as valid warranty issues.
Old 12-04-2001, 06:27 AM

Sorry, Ian, misunderstood your question.

Well I know from talking to my dealer that some people have had clutch and gearbox work done which is the subject of TSB's. I think there may well be a TSB re wheel pitting on earler models too..... I hope so
Old 12-04-2001, 06:42 AM

Actually Ian, I'm the last person to tell you about TSB's because I've had absolutely no problems whatsoever since I bought mine in May 2000. Other people have had loads of problems and will no doubt be posting.
Old 12-04-2001, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would simply ask your local dealer.
Brindley keep reminding me that I need to bring my S2000 in for the seatbelt work.
Old 12-04-2001, 10:40 AM

Yes, I will ask the dealer - with all the negative posts re. dealers I am probably paranoid about getting a raw deal - I am taking my car in for its 9000 service tomorrow and I want to be as well informed / equiped as possible when I speak to them.

There is nothing seriously wrong with the car (buzzing clutch and top which does not quite fully retract - both the subject of US TSB's) - usual bullit-proof Honda (I have driven VTEC engined cars for the last 10 yrs )

However having built a fantastic relationship with my local Honda service department (and despite my best sfforts by singing their praises in Car magazine on more than one occasion) they have gone out of business .

I have conducted a thorough vetting process by a combination of email and phone, and I have been extremely impressed with the way Peter Collins of Geo Collins Honda has dealt with my enquiries to date, so that is where we are off to tomorrow pm. I will post back news good or bad!
Old 12-05-2001, 05:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ianl
[B]
There is nothing seriously wrong with the car (buzzing clutch and top which does not quite fully retract - both the subject of US TSB's) - usual bullit-proof Honda (I have driven VTEC engined cars for the last 10 yrs )
Old 12-05-2001, 06:34 AM

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson

Well I know from talking to my dealer that some people have had clutch and gearbox work done which is the subject of TSB's. I think there may well be a TSB re wheel pitting on earler models too..... I hope so
Yeah, i've had the clutch done on warranty..........infact the dealer told me that his s2000/NSX engineer had just come back from a course at Honda HQ re: s2000 gerabox/clutch noise - so looks like Honda UK are finally picking up on that problem - only a year after most of us!!
The 'noise' from mine didn't entirely disappear and the dealer knew that - so with absolutely no persuasion suggested they fit a new exhaust on warranty - this was Peter at Geo Collins too - i have his dad's old car i think

I'd say if you think you can get away with proving the noise is still there after the clutch is done - then get the exhaust done while you're at it - a fresh exhaust is not something that'll do any harm!!!

Other bits i'm having done are the roof clasp rattle and the wheel corrosion........oh and a rebuild of the passenger side of my car - sadly not on warranty!
Old 12-05-2001, 09:59 AM

Yes, I just told them about a strange noise I was getting when decelerating in 3rd.
Whilst in for my 9k service they confirmed the noise, and they informed me of the possible causes. It was a week later I had a new clutch fitted under warranty.
Its was still a little bit audible for a brief spell afterwards, but it seems fine now. Couldnt be happier with Honda for sorting it out !
It was a rather ugly noise and something which not everyone gets. I was just unfortunate.

AnDy: Why do you not want to have your seatbelt done ?

Originally posted by bmarshall

Ian: the buzzing clutch sounds like the usual - Na$ty has had his done for one. The top is adjustable - so they should be able to sort that as well. (Looked into it when Muz though my less than stellar thoughts on his roof tube were due to my roof being incorrectly adjusted. It was fine.)

-Brian.

Quick Reply: Honda TSB's