UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Honda TSB's

Old 12-05-2001, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by N-a-$-t-Y
[B]
AnDy: Why do you not want to have your seatbelt done ?
Old 12-05-2001, 10:37 AM

Andy, I wouldn't worry too much about the car rattling afterwards, I've had practically all the interior out of mine a couple of times now and I believe Brian's car has been stripped bare also - no rattles yet! Very well made motor cars IMHO...
Old 12-05-2001, 10:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY

After seeing photographs of the work involved, I am a bit paranoid about squeaks and rattles.
The car is so sweet and tight, I like it just the way it is.
AnDy - Tif's right, I've had the whole interior out twice with no ill effects so far. It's actually suprising how well everything fits, and how easy it was for a professional to remove and re-install. There a thread or two in 'Under-the-hood' going on at the moment about rattles - seems there have been a few mechanical, but I haven't seen any trim related yet. The spare wheel seems to be the favourite for rattling.

-Brian.
Old 12-05-2001, 11:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my seat belt recall done.....no rattles! If you ignore the recall, I wonder how you'd stand in an insurance claim where it was personal/passenger injury related?
Old 12-05-2001, 11:26 AM

Thanks for the heads up guys.
I shall most probably get the seatbelt recall done at the first service around April time (and get the cd multiplayer fitted at the same time).
Old 12-05-2001, 11:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much Andy for the Cd fitted. Have you had a price? If I was going to do it I'd go for the mini disc. The stacker will just go in the secet compartment. I don't think you can get a CD stacker in there though.
Old 12-05-2001, 12:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, here I am sat in my study at home, S2000-less . It's a strange empty feeling, and I dont much like it!

In its place is a silver Civic. Hmmmmm.

I have just dropped my car off at Geo Collins (Having read your post Steven, I understand why Peter Collins was so familiar with buzzing clutches!!! However, he was a little taken aback when I asked him if he'd seen the Honda update on remedial action (27.11.01) - he hadnt, so I gave him a copy an he said he would speak to Honda UK about it.

Peter was very good - he spent time with me at the car going over the probems I had reported in advance by email. He also went around my car with me to confirn that there were no dents / dings / scratches - his idea, not mine, so I was impressed. He said that he accepted that people who bought S2000's are enthusiasts, and as such will expect more of the dealership. He also said he had spun an S2000 thro' 90 degrees last week!

So, back to the telly - United have just gone 2 up, so things are looking up.

More tomorrow!
Old 12-05-2001, 12:26 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ianl
[B]Well, here I am sat in my study at home, S2000-less . It's a strange empty feeling, and I dont much like it!

In its place is a silver Civic. Hmmmmm.
Old 12-05-2001, 01:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i had a few grievances after i picked the car up
Oh $hit..........I feel paranoid

As for the Civic - yes, it is a truly appauling thing - it seems to be about 37 turns lock-to-lock, and its soft and wallowy and spong and....yuk! Still, better than nowt!

I think it was Nick Graves who spoke well of Geo Collins so I added them to my interrogation list and they responded well. Now, WTF did they do to your car Steve.............
Old 12-05-2001, 01:45 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ianl
[B]

Quick Reply: Honda TSB's