UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Honda TSB's

Old 12-05-2001, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
How much Andy for the Cd fitted. Have you had a price? If I was going to do it I'd go for the mini disc. The stacker will just go in the secet compartment. I don't think you can get a CD stacker in there though.

We got a ballpark figure off Holdcroft Honda when we picked the car up, it was around
Old 12-06-2001, 03:58 AM

Andy -
Old 12-06-2001, 04:02 AM

I was out driving with my Dad yesterday and he mentioned that my transmiswion was making an awful grinding noise. To be honest with you I had bever noticed it as it is a noise the car has always made.

We went out for a drive in his Z3 afterwards to compare and his was really smooth compared to the Honda.

Is there anyone on the board who has had the transmission/clutch problem that I could compare notes with?

I use a Honda dealership in Ascot who have always been helpful when I have had problems. But i wouyld like to make sure that I am not imagining things before I go along.
Old 12-06-2001, 05:23 AM

Originally posted by Hayd

Is there anyone on the board who has had the transmission/clutch problem that I could compare notes with?
Try an advanced search on "clutch" on the UK forum........it'll bring up some pretty detailed descriptions of what other people have experienced.
Post back here when you've had a read and tell us what you reckon of your problems??
Old 12-06-2001, 06:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by stevenleith
[B]

2) Have a look for markings on the centre console surround when you get it back.
Old 12-06-2001, 01:45 PM

Hayd, I had a similar problem.
Just mention the noise to your dealer, see what they say. It could be a one of a few things, so like steven said, do a search, and report back what your noise is like, when it happens and where it is coming from.

Mine happened mainly when decelerating in 3rd @ around 3K revs... and sometimes in 2nd gear too. The noise I had was really unpleasant and I used to press the clutch pedal in and coast to get rid of it.
Let us know what you think your noise is.

Originally posted by Hayd
I was out driving with my Dad yesterday and he mentioned that my transmiswion was making an awful grinding noise. To be honest with you I had bever noticed it as it is a noise the car has always made.

We went out for a drive in his Z3 afterwards to compare and his was really smooth compared to the Honda.

I use a Honda dealership in Ascot who have always been helpful when I have had problems. But i wouyld like to make sure that I am not imagining things before I go along.
Old 12-06-2001, 01:55 PM

Originally posted by ianl

Well, I have just had a call from Peter and they are seeking approval from Honda UK to do the work on the clutch (and querying the updated - 27/11/01 - Honda TSB fix, so hopefully I will get that) and roof.

Are Geo Collins doing anything about the marked console pieces Steve???? How can I diplomatically point out to them I dont expect this to happen to my car
I haven't mentioned it to them to be honest - they are minor marks and i think i'd be very anal to ask them to do anything about it. Maybe just ask them to put covers on the seats cos you look after them so much and don't want any accidental grease, etc.......

I was due to get my exhaust done by them in a few weeks, but with the car being repaired that'll have to be put off til after new year..............Ian, it'll fine, do a trip on the mileage just for extra peace of mind......
Old 12-06-2001, 11:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, the car is back from Geo Collins, and as far as I can tell, all is well - I have posted a full report in the 'good dealer guide' thread:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...4881#post414881
Old 12-07-2001, 12:38 AM

Originally posted by N-a-$-t-Y
Hayd, I had a similar problem.
Just mention the noise to your dealer, see what they say. It could be a one of a few things, so like steven said, do a search, and report back what your noise is like, when it happens and where it is coming from.

Mine happened mainly when decelerating in 3rd @ around 3K revs... and sometimes in 2nd gear too. The noise I had was really unpleasant and I used to press the clutch pedal in and coast to get rid of it.
Let us know what you think your noise is.

That sounds ominously like what Im hearing Nasty.

I'll do the search for back posts around this problem and I'l try and take the car into a dealership if I can this weekend.

Thanks for the input and advice.
Old 12-07-2001, 04:57 AM

okay,

Ive carried out an advanced search and i have found a couple of Service Bulletins in the Library area that I will be taking along to my local Honda dealer.

Thanks for your help again.

I'll let you know how I get on.