UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

How many 2000's remain 100% stock?

Old 01-20-2017, 12:49 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

mines stock apart from radio, wheels, supercharger, oil cooler, injectors, ecu and gearbox oh and discs and pads... i think thats it :P

Bodyboarder, that is one hell of a clean engine bay, props to you. But I have to drive mine, it cannot be a garage queen, it wasnt designed for that.
The following users liked this post:
Bodyboarder1981 (01-20-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

100% standard here
Old 01-20-2017, 01:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Was 100% standard but with shocks, harness+seats+cage. Now is fully powertrain swapped and reversibly so, wheels, brakes, flat underbody and diffuser. It will retain a stock exterior for as long as I can (being a track car), I love the classic S2000 look and identity it has, also hides the work underneath.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:19 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by johnckeen
mines stock apart from radio, wheels, supercharger, oil cooler, injectors, ecu and gearbox oh and discs and pads... i think thats it :P

Bodyboarder, that is one hell of a clean engine bay, props to you. But I have to drive mine, it cannot be a garage queen, it wasnt designed for that.

mine will be no garage queen .... only had it a fe days so like to give it a proper clean / maintenance before I start to play with it !
Old 01-20-2017, 11:28 AM

Received 126 Likes on 107 Posts

Mine's stock apart from the minor mods in my signature...
Old 01-26-2017, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is 100% stock..... also with a clean engine bay

Old 01-27-2017, 01:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting thread this, owners of std cars seem to be proud in the fact they're still standard.

I see it a different way, in fact I almost feel sorry for those who still have the standard car. Whilst it's a great foundation, we know the car has its flaws (like all cars) but the std car just doesn't deliver and you're missing out on so much enjoyment and satisfaction by making small tweaks, in fact I would go as far as saying mandatory tweaks, how it should have left the factory. Now I'm not talking about K&N's, exhaust mods, spoilers, Eibachs (all of which I have), I appreciate they're all subjective. But it's the small things that make a massive difference, for example:

Removing the clutch delay valve
Weighted gear knob
Lowered seat rails to resolve the high driving position
Re-trimmed steering wheel
Upgraded sound system
Higher wind diffuser between rear seats
Heated seats.

What I really appreciate is a car that's still in factory condition, but not specification
Old 01-27-2017, 01:50 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by SCZ4
Interesting thread this, owners of std cars seem to be proud in the fact they're still standard.

I see it a different way, in fact I almost feel sorry for those who still have the standard car. Whilst it's a great foundation, we know the car has its flaws (like all cars) but the std car just doesn't deliver and you're missing out on so much enjoyment and satisfaction by making small tweaks, in fact I would go as far as saying mandatory tweaks, how it should have left the factory. Now I'm not talking about K&N's, exhaust mods, spoilers, Eibachs (all of which I have), I appreciate they're all subjective. But it's the small things that make a massive difference, for example:

Removing the clutch delay valve
Weighted gear knob
Lowered seat rails to resolve the high driving position
Re-trimmed steering wheel
Upgraded sound system
Higher wind diffuser between rear seats
Heated seats.

What I really appreciate is a car that's still in factory condition, but not specification
The thing is, I don;t find the clutch delay valve a problem, in fact I don't think I've even noticed it.
The gear knob and shift is wonderful, and I'm a weakling, so I won't appreciate the extra weight.
I like being able to see out of the car properly, the driving position isn't high, it's just the scuttle is low - a Honda trait.
The steering wheel is lovely as is (although it was a bit shiny on the old car).
Sound system - agreed on that one.
I don;t find the wind a problem despite the high driving position, although the higher seats in the new car which don't have the perforations are a bit of a help.
Heated seats, not needed (at least down here), and especially as the heater is so good.

Essentially, all that stuff is subjective, I'm sure many people find the stereo just fine (and some don't use it at all).
Old 01-27-2017, 02:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Some fair points I guess.

I guess returning to a S2000 after 3 years, I immediately noticed where it's lacking compared to the previous setup, so definitely wasn't just a placebo effect back then.

Also depends on your car background, what you expect from your cars and what you use it for. But for me, the above list are absolute must haves (except heated seats), as are the exhaust and suspension mods. A standard S2000 just wouldn't be as enjoyable as a weekend car and it's definitely not a car I'd want to use a daily.
Old 01-27-2017, 03:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem with clutch delay valve here also. As for the rest of the car it fits me like a glove and functions wonderfully and with great integrity when being used in the spirit in which its intended. I've chased rainbows in the past on other cars, but just don't feel the need to do that now.

Quick Reply: How many 2000's remain 100% stock?