UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

How many people have been threatened by neighbours

Old 03-02-2014, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've started to give my S some wellie down our street. She says it sounds like a chav car. What an insult!
Old 03-02-2014, 04:53 AM

Received 245 Likes on 211 Posts

We had a neighbour who blamed me for water getting into his garage, FFS the base was below the level of his drive and the precast sections hadn't been sealed correctly onto the base, I informed him I was responsible for many things but gravity was not one of those items, I did tell him to check on an old Scottish law(?) that the low man takes the high man's water. Eventually he stopped speaking to me(yipee) and some months later they moved, no problems with the new neighbours.
This was in fact one his many grievances with the neighbours around him in the street, we almost had a party when they moved.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:23 AM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

The bass from an exhaust can pulse through a house so I can understand people being upset about it. Not sure what he threatened you with either, he was obviously tired and wound up and telling you to keep it down and not doing it again isn't a threat as such. I'd try the civil reconciliation route too, try talking and coming to an arrangement for let's face it, quite a loud exhaust which is a bit anti-social.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember seeing a neighbour clapping when he seen my Capri on the back of a low loader after a front end incident
Old 03-02-2014, 06:22 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by BenRNBP
The bass from an exhaust can pulse through a house so I can understand people being upset about it. Not sure what he threatened you with either, he was obviously tired and wound up and telling you to keep it down and not doing it again isn't a threat as such. I'd try the civil reconciliation route too, try talking and coming to an arrangement for let's face it, quite a loud exhaust which is a bit anti-social.

I remember an S2000 with one of these exhausts pulling up at my house. I could hear it a couple of streets away (and it most certainly wasn't being vteced). As the owner manoeuvred to park, various doors and windows were rattling. Not nice to have to put up with on a daily basis.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Never been threaten, have had my property damaged by someone though.

Nice cut marks in my soft top and rear plastic screen.

When I found it like that in the morning, i stayed calm and wrote letters to every house in the street (except those who I know it wasn't (family / friends)) and posted them round.

Basically saying my property had been damaged, asked for any information and if it was some on the street and I found out then the police would be called.

Finished it off by saying "we are all adults here and if anyone has a problem with myself or my partner then come round so we can discuss it over a drink and or a cup of tea"

No one came round however I have a good idea who it was.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had a threatening neighbour to deal with, the odd stupid selfish idiot now and again.

On the topic of loud exhausts, I have someone across the road with a TVR. As you would expect it has a loud exhaust, which wouldn't be an issue but because he can't drive the thing it takes him 5 minutes to get off his driveway. During that time the exhaust is making a racquet which is quite annoying. So I do understand where your neighbour is coming from. That said there's two ways of approaching people and shooting abuse never works.

I suspect you'll be wasting your time trying to engage in a meaningful conversation with this person.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:16 AM

A couple of years of niggles with my neighbour (my loud bikes, his messy, noisy never ending building modifications) culminated in a late night drunken brawl between us both in the quiet cul de sac outside our homes involving a pick axe handle, a few bruises and broken teeth.

We just ignore each other completely now, and we've been as good as gold for the last 5 years.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by purgeraptor
A couple of years of niggles with my neighbour (my loud bikes, his messy, noisy never ending building modifications) culminated in a late night drunken brawl between us both in the quiet cul de sac outside our homes involving a pick axe handle, a few bruises and broken teeth.

We just ignore each other completely now, and we've been as good as gold for the last 5 years.
awesome!

Our next door but one neighbour used to complain at visitors parking outside the front of our house. He said it was a danger to other road users because they wouldn't be able to see oncoming traffic. This was of course b0llocks as you could see pretty much 50 yards in one direction and 100 yards in another (The side on which the car was parked incidentally!). I got back once to find him arguing with my wife over it and then he got all sexist towards her! I told him to leave. Even when delivery trucks/vans parked up there he'd complain. Funnily enough, when his family or next door parked there, that was fine so I started conspicuously taking photos.

What I didn't understand is why he felt the need to complain. Was his life that worthless that he had nothing better to do? I guess so because he died a few months ago and I wasn't sad about it at all. And it is proven - those who get on with life and find purpose are healthier and live longer. Obviously this bloke found the highlight of his day to complain about nothing.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:04 AM
Le8

I've never had any problems with my neighbours.

But I do have these old grumpy couple that always complain about everything.

Quick Reply: How many people have been threatened by neighbours