UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

How Much?

Old 06-01-2001, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jjr1,

If you come across any dealers that would discount if 2 cars were ordered, please let me know!

Biker1 - agree with it's only worth what people are prepared to pay.
Old 06-01-2001, 04:14 AM

When I was looking for a trade in on my car (Around the beginning of April) my 'active' dealer at the time Webbers Honda in Basingstoke offered me between 16 and 17k. It was 18 months old and in perfect condition with a cat1 system and a tracker. It had 15,500 on the clock.

After I stopped laughing down the phone I told him that I would like to buy a couple of S2000's at the price he was talking around.

I think that 2nd hand S2000's are in that unfortunate space - Just a little too high for private buyers to feel comfortable to part with cash privately and just a little too low for early buyers to be happy selling. I have been made to feel better by getting a thousand back from Honda UK and for getting a good trade-in value.

I think that buying an import for a lot of people is a very good way to go.

I am now buying the car that I always wanted - A UK sourced Monte Carlo blue. My Silver was fantastic but it just isn't the blue.

I, like many others here, was happy to wait a year for my first car so being made to wait until July (Although no definate date within the month yet) is no problem. I have even 'saved' money each month by buying a new car (No repayments etc).

I have been a little jealous of you all these last couple of glorious weeks. I even considered going to my dealer and test driving my own car!!!

Anyway, well done for choosing a new car, whatever the wait or colour it will be worth it.

With the extra 10hp of the Japanese cars is their 0-60 time quicker than ours or is ours slower than the quoted 6.2?

Regards,
Have a great weekend,
Simon.
Old 06-01-2001, 05:18 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SimonJackson
[B]When I was looking for a trade in on my car (Around the beginning of April) my 'active' dealer at the time Webbers Honda in Basingstoke offered me between 16 and 17k. It was 18 months old and in perfect condition with a cat1 system and a tracker. It had 15,500 on the clock.

After I stopped laughing
Old 06-01-2001, 08:34 AM

I know what you mean about the importing bit.
I was considering getting a new M3 but the savings were negligible and the time delay huge. Today I received a call from my dealer to spec my car(M3 with SMG), so I now get a UK car with warranty quicker than waiting on an import.
However in the case of the S2000 I just think for a good saving on a car that I can get direct from Europe I might as well do that especially as in my experience of three Honda dealers they are an arrogant shower of bastards who could not even arrange a test drive for us....
Old 06-01-2001, 10:46 AM

Paul,
You should mail me if you haven't had your bag of sand yet.
I am at the moment asking my dealer for my change from the sale of my car to him. I will not see my car for a coupe of months and fancy putting my 17k in the bank until then. The dealer mind you would like it with him to help his cash flow.
I unleashed the girlfriend on him today and will speak to him when he has recovered on Monday.

Have a good weekend everyone,
Regards,
Simon.
Old 06-02-2001, 12:19 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by jjr1
I know what you mean about the importing bit.
I was considering getting a new M3 but the savings were negligible and the time delay huge. Today I received a call from my dealer to spec my car(M3 with SMG), so I now get a UK car with warranty quicker than waiting on an import.
However in the case of the S2000 I just think for a good saving on a car that I can get direct from Europe I might as well do that especially as in my experience of three Honda dealers they are an arrogant shower of bastards who could not even arrange a test drive for us....
jjr1, you are getting by far the best M3, that SMG is meant to be brilliant, nice choice, wish I had that money to buy one as a beater car

Sorry if this sounds a bit sickly
Old 06-04-2001, 01:35 AM

well it does not come until October :-( but it should be a laugh and a lot more reliable than my bloody Elise :-)

As for the S2000 I am trying to convince the girly to get a blue one as it looks awesome.
Does anyone find there cars a bit tight on headroom, as I am 6'2 and have only driven one at Bedford Autodrome with the roof off? Yes I know it is for the girlfriend but you must be joking if you think I will sit in the passenger seat.
Old 06-04-2001, 11:15 AM

Im 6feet 3 inches tall and have a lot of headroom.
You will have no problems at all, unless your body is extra long
Old 06-08-2001, 03:43 AM

jjr1 - Micronet UK are based in Nottingham (I think), near to you? They are a front runner for me at the moment. Check Autotrader website for their details on an S2000 search.

Mol Motors (Belgium)are due to quote for me today.

Still checking UK ads - this week (7/6/01) has shown an increase in prices / fewer cars. Must be the weather!
Old 06-08-2001, 04:25 AM

AnDy_PaNdY how do U find the leg room?

Quick Reply: How Much?