UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

http://www.s2000.org.uk - to info site.

Old 08-25-2001, 04:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default http://www.s2000.org.uk - to info site.

I just checked - http://www.s2000.org.uk

Here's what I found:

"Looking for the UK S2000 Owners' Club?

The purpose of the club was to bring together fellow UK S2000 owners to exchange information, organise meetings etc.

There is now a thriving internet community on line and this site will shortly become a UK resource for the Honda S2000.

It will include most of the original site content including reports on meetings arranged on the club forum.

Until the site is reconstructed, check out the forums at..."

Well I for one, found it a helpful with some useful information. So I'd like to say thanks, and I'm looking forward to the new site .

I'm a little sad though... it's one less club to join.

I'd agree that there is now a thriving community. I'd even consider myself part of it... even though my S2000 doesn't arrive till the 4th. Sept.

Isn't it a nice feeling that the S2000 is still a rare and special car, but that there is a friendly bunch of enthusiasts around for it?

-Brian
Old 08-25-2001, 07:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bang on Brian,
Just have a look around at some of the other sites out there and the quality of the posts... nothing but flaming and back biting. I think whilst a lot of the success of this site is down to cthree and a firm rein, a great deal is also due to the fact that this car attracts genuine enthusiasts and car nuts. Whilst most members including me, rave about the S2000, they are the first to concede that there are other wonderful cars out there as well.
Isn't it great to have so much choice
Old 08-25-2001, 02:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I started the UK S2000 Owners' Club in December 1999.
Today it has reached around 200 members.

The "club" is made up of you guys (and girls) and the website is intended to give info on the S2000 and feedback from members.

However with decreasing time available, I'm finding it harder to maintain the site especially when it comes to membership registration & updating the member pages. What time I have is spent on registrations, monitoring the forums, uploading membership tables to the site. I have no time left to organise anything.

I can keep up the level of current activity, but the problem has been that there have been very few contributions to the site, suggestions for events, offers to arrange things etc and whilst I have lots of ideas I have very little time at the moment (and baby is due any day).
So I see very little point in having a "club" that does nothing!

How about some suggestions ideas. I don't want to close down the club and website.
Maybe we can form a committee possibly with regional heads?

Then each region is responsible for organising 1 or 2 events per year.

What do you all think?
Paul Brookes

p.s. The site is still there :
http://www.s2000.org.uk/new/index.html
Old 08-26-2001, 04:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad to hear the club isn't gone!

- Information. I know there hasn't been any contributions for a while but I've found the info very useful. There is a lot of S2000 info out there, but it's nice to have some from UK models.

- Events. I think it's always tricky to organise events. For meetings etc, I think it's probably better to just start off through this board. I'm not a member, but the free, open, nature of the club means that it doesn't have finances, so organising training, track days etc isn't an option. I don't see this as a problem - I don't think the S2000 club needs to do this role. Honda-R works by paid membership - even with lots of members it is still risky and problematic getting enough people for events.

The way forward? Here's some random thoughts...

- Information. There is a lot of solid information that flows through the board. I think with a little nudge quite a few very active board posters could help with new articles. Some examples:
- Fiamm Air Horn installation. If I remember right between (I think...) Tonky and biker1 they've done it, and from the top not the bottom. Certainly could make a nice little article.
- Speakers... I'm planning on posting what the offical Honda speaker upgrade is like, once I've had the car a little while. I'm sure that could site with the exisiting speaker info. Then comments from others after I'm been at a meeting - I'm sure we could get a few different opinions.
- Dealer guide. I'm not suggesting bad mouthing dealers, but if we go a list of dealers that people had good service from I think we'd be okay. (One reason I'm buying from Brindley Honda is the good reputation they have on the board here.)
- Tires. Not exactly a new topic, but for example, when Andy Winskil had some wet weather with his 245 S02's (not the OEM tires.) then I'm sure getting it archived would be very good. There is a noticable difference in rain channel size - maybe just what the S2000 needs for the UK winter.

- Event organisation. For the size at the moment I don't think we want regional heads. What I do think could work would be one an event idea starts, having someone take responsability for it. So we'd have a list on the site of a few 'community organisers'. That way people can tell from the posts that it's an established community figure. It might be people tend to take areas that more interest them. For example if it's some S2000's going to a track day it might be UK Paul, since he seems to be at a lot . For a social meeting it might be Tonky. I'm trying to voulanteer people - just examples. Could be backup up with a little bio/info on the club site. This might well give newcomers a clue as to who to contact. While I'm sure there will continue being new questions, one of the big benefits of the site and these forums is providing information for potential and new buyers. Maybe the link to this forum should be a little stronger? Search engines should pick up S2000.org.uk quite easily - then hopefully between the info there and the people here newbies would get a great start. I think this is happening already. I'm certainly here from finding the s2000.org.uk site.
For other events we might cooperate with others. Honda-R are a freindly bunch who are starting planning for next years events. Maybe cooperating with them (I'm a member anyway.) would be a good way of starting to do events as well? Honda-R is a paying club though (