UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

I'm Excited!.....

Old 08-29-2007, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool I'm Excited!.....

Two more days to go chaps until I pick up the new car.

It's all been sorted out today - registration plate confirmed, insurance sorted, bankers draft ordered and FAQ's read and re-read.

I've spoken to Opie Oils (who are damned nice chaps) and ordered some 10W30 oil to keep her topped up during the running in period and got my train ticket to Derby for Saturday morning!

Happy happy happy!!!

Old 08-29-2007, 07:48 AM

BTW, if I forget to say it I really appreciate all the time you've taken to reply to my earlier threads - the information you've given me has been invaluable and to whoever collated that FAQ list thank you as well - it's been brillian to ensure i've got all the information bits I need prior to collecting the new baby!!

Old 08-29-2007, 07:49 AM

Congrats, where abouts in Essex are you ?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:51 AM

Just between Stanford le Hope and Grays.

I notice you're in Porsche territory - where i've just defected from!

What item of pork do you own?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:53 AM

Even to a jaundiced old cynic like me, your enthusiasm for the car is refreshing, Dawn.

Hope this one goes smoothly!
Old 08-29-2007, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lurking Lawyer,Aug 29 2007, 03:53 PM
Even to a jaundiced old cynic like me, your enthusiasm for the car is refreshing, Dawn.

Hope this one goes smoothly!
I feel like i've been drinking (although I haven't) - it's quite bizarre!

I hope you don't mind me asking but how are you finding the 993? My last boxster was polar silver and I thought it was the most beautiful colour. Bright silver in the sun but blue when not in direct sunlight

Seriously considered a 993 as (in my opinion) it was one of the last bullet proof Porsches - built when the company was still run by enthusiasts rather than accountants.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by DawnLang,Aug 29 2007, 03:51 PM
Just between Stanford le Hope and Grays.

I notice you're in Porsche territory - where i've just defected from!

What item of pork do you own?
996 Carrera. So you went from a Boxster to an S2000 ? A few people on here have gone the other way. Was you bored of the Porsche?
Old 08-29-2007, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by DawnLang,Aug 29 2007, 04:59 PM
I hope you don't mind me asking but how are you finding the 993?
Not at all.

I've had it for 10 months and have covered around 6,000 miles in it - it's a weekend "fun" car rather than a daily driver. I love it!

Rather like the S2000, it's a challenge to drive it quickly and get the best out of it, even though much of the "widowmaker" rear end pendulum effect of the early 911s had been engineered out by the time of the 993. I don't pretend to be able to drive the car anywhere near its limits....

The offset-to-the-left pedal box took a bit of getting used to, as did the stiff (compared to the S2000) floor-hinged clutch, but I've just about got to grips with it now. The less said about the prehistoric interior the better but I personally prefer the exterior looks compared to the 996.

If I'm honest, I suspect the suspension is now a bit tired at 10 years and 83,000 miles old but I don't really have the requisite
Old 08-29-2007, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by JamieS2K,Aug 29 2007, 04:02 PM
996 Carrera. So you went from a Boxster to an S2000 ? A few people on here have gone the other way. Was you bored of the Porsche?
Had a 2.7 pre facelift to start with which suffered with 2 RMS replacements. Was a bit miffed but Colchester were very good and covered a lot of the cost with goodwill as the car was out of warranty. Loved the car madly but sold it before anything else went wrong with it.

Then bought a 3.2S - facelift 986. Absolutely loved it but started to do some serious mileage and because so many people have them as second cars the value of my boxster was plummeting so sold it and bought a Golf Diesel hack.

Stopped doing the mileage now but the choice was a second hand (55 plate) 987S with all the toys or a brand new S2K (which also cost
Old 08-29-2007, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Lurking Lawyer,Aug 29 2007, 04:12 PM
The less said about the prehistoric interior the better but I personally prefer the exterior looks compared to the 996.

If I'm honest, I do miss the S2000 from time to time. Not often since I sold my last one about this time last year, but on a couple of occasions when it has been sunny.
The interior was the one thing that really put me off too - if you could put the 996 interior into it it would be perfect - glad to hear your car doesn't suffer with Targa roof rattle either - it can be bloody annoying!

With regard to missing your S occasionally, if you want someone to do a swap with for the odd weekend do let me know wont you - there's always space for a 911 on our drive!!

Quick Reply: I'm Excited!.....