UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Idiot scratched my car

Old 02-18-2011, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for Police

Inexcusable behaviour on his/her part, BUT be very careful about how you go about resolving it.

A note on the windscreen saying that your car has been damaged, that the CCTV footage shows it being this car and that you have reported it to your insurer using VRN should cover it.

Personally, I would add a reminder that leaving the scene of an accident without giving your details is an offence and that as it has already been some time, please could they email you (think evidence) with their details ASAP as otherwise you will need to report the issue to the Police.

Be non-threatening, but leave them in no doubt that the claim is in, it will stick and they can either do it the easy way or the hard way.

The bottom line here is that even if you do claim through your insurer, unless they admit liability, you are a bit stuffed, as the claim will remain pending and will stay on YOUR record...

See also advice in Shirty's thread on car park dinks...
Old 02-18-2011, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by GaryB,Feb 18 2011, 03:47 AM
Or for £44 + delivery and a note you don't even have to block him in...

http://www.thesafeshop.co.uk/product...p-it-kwcs.html
I second that idea, although it will cost you but maybe worth it to see his/ her face
Old 02-18-2011, 03:57 AM

get a picture clearly showing the plate and the paint on the car... then go to HR, police, confront them...

is it s corsa or astra or something like that?

also if nothing happens just vandalise their car with a brick
Old 02-18-2011, 04:30 AM

haha, thanks for the advice gents.

Its a Citroen piece of crap people carrier. Has a few bangs on the same side of the car, so im sure he has done it before.

I will wait til monday to see if anything happens, but on principle i think he should get nailed for not giving a shyt.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:23 AM

You need to make sure that the picture showing your paint on his bodywork also shows identifying features to his vehicle such as the number plate. Otherwise he can polish the marks out and claim your picture is not one of his car!
Old 02-18-2011, 08:53 AM

If you have no joy, cut 2 tyre valves on his car. Only a few quids worth of damage, but a pain to get done. Don't forget to wave at the camera before you do it. When he comes, have 2 new valves in your pocket. Offer to pay to get his damage done if he does the same!
Old 02-18-2011, 09:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Im wound up with just reading this ,wait for him give him one chance ,then smile and say (if thats the way you whant to play it ) And walk off report him/her. Or theres the other way but it will cost you £200 lol.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:22 AM

hahha, well he was confronted by the building managers today. He said he didnt even know he had damaged the car.

He tried to call me on my landline, but i was in a meeting, so will chat to him early in the week.

Seems like its going to get sorted.

Thing is, its not a big enough mark to warrant spraying, so not sure what i want out of the whole thing. Maybe get the whole car sprayed and send him the bill. haha
Old 02-18-2011, 11:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get the car sprayed plus any other marks on the car, not one mark on mine now.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have a picture of how the damage look before you got the car polished then you can charge him for the polish + some touch up of the bumper.

The only thing is that if you want the job done properly then it should be a whole bumper sprayed.. the downside would be if you didn't go to a good garage and ended up with a miscoloured bumper then you'd be even worse off.

Joeh

Quick Reply: Idiot scratched my car