UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Importing Suspension Bolts from the US

Old 10-27-2015, 02:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Importing Suspension Bolts from the US

Hello guys!
I'm new around here.
I've got a 07 S2000 and I'm looking to rebuild the front and rear suspension. I will need all the bolts and nuts including front and rear subframe bolts.
I've read trough the definitive geometry/suspension topic and found out that this could be cheaper if imported from the US. Hardtopguy is apparently the man who can make that happen.
I've tried to contact him but no answer yet.
Can someone tell me how much on average will cost me to import these from the states?
I'm looking at almost £400 here in the UK (Front and back)
Have anyone done this before? Replacing all the bolts ?

Thank you
Old 10-27-2015, 02:44 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

I got new arms and so on as well.

You can figure out the US parts prices from here: http://www.hondapartsonline.net/2007-honda-s2000.html They may even ship internationally.

You can get the part nos from the Hendy site here: http://www.hendyeshop.co.uk/suspension-parts-3782-c.asp

Once you have figured out the prices, you then need to add shipping to get a total cost.

Then you need to add duty at 4.5% to the total, and then multiply that subtotal by 1.2 to include the VAT.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova
I got new arms and so on as well.

You can figure out the US parts prices from here: http://www.hondapartsonline.net/2007-honda-s2000.html They may even ship internationally.

You can get the part nos from the Hendy site here: http://www.hendyeshop.co.uk/suspension-parts-3782-c.asp

Once you have figured out the prices, you then need to add shipping to get a total cost.

Then you need to add duty at 4.5% to the total, and then multiply that subtotal by 1.2 to include the VAT.
That was quick!
I'll have a look at it.
Thanks lovegroova
Old 10-27-2015, 12:33 PM

Yes, we've just replaced all the bolts on a race car we are building.

I got everything at once through Matt at Tegiwa.

They imported the bolts (all genuine Honda) and saved me all the fancying about at a price much lower than any UK dealer / sources.

Give them a bell.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I did mine I got a full set of lower bolts, adjuster washers and nuts from Hondapartsonline.
They take a few weeks to come over the pond and you have to factor in the import tax and VAT as Lovegroova said, but it worked out at around £100 for me, for all of them except the rear toe bolts (couldn't find them on the web site)

Word of warning with that site though, get a delivery cost agreed before payment. You will need to ring or email them for this.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by TanukiUK
Yes, we've just replaced all the bolts on a race car we are building.

I got everything at once through Matt at Tegiwa.

They imported the bolts (all genuine Honda) and saved me all the fancying about at a price much lower than any UK dealer / sources.

Give them a bell.

Thanks for the Tip! I'll see what price I can get through them!
Old 10-27-2015, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Booti
When I did mine I got a full set of lower bolts, adjuster washers and nuts from Hondapartsonline.
They take a few weeks to come over the pond and you have to factor in the import tax and VAT as Lovegroova said, but it worked out at around £100 for me, for all of them except the rear toe bolts (couldn't find them on the web site)

Word of warning with that site though, get a delivery cost agreed before payment. You will need to ring or email them for this.

That's pretty cheap! Was that front and rear bolts?
Thanks for the warning!
Old 10-27-2015, 11:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JMoura
Originally Posted by Booti' timestamp='1445985208' post='23787749

That's pretty cheap! Was that front and rear bolts?
Thanks for the warning!
Yes, front and rear lower bolts, camber sleeve, cam washers and nuts. 4 pairs in total.