UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Injectors easy to remove

Old 06-01-2007, 03:48 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Injectors easy to remove

About 20mile from me a place offers injector cleaning at a resonable price, so im going to get them done. However i have to take just the injectors out, how easy it is to remove the injectors? 10min job?

cheers
Old 06-01-2007, 04:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, 15-20 minutes if that.

Remove 2 black 10mm nuts from cover.

Remove 4 10mm bolts from fuel rail.

Pull fuel rail off.

Unclip loom from injectors.

Pull out injectors.

You might want to order some new seals for the incetors, where they fit in to the inlet manifold. Mine were quite worn and crud was getting passed them.

Nick.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi there bud

i did the same to mine b4 i sent the car away, waste of money now thinking about it but it is an easy job to do.

have u got a s2000 work manual if not maybe i can email relevant pages to u but if not more than welcome to give u advice over phone, or

u need to :-

undo filler cap, dont put keys in ignition or wind down windows (so u can hear radio, big no no will explaine)

then u need to remover the little plastic cover on top of the fuel rail. then there is a big nut which is attached to the fuel thingy lol but its whity yellow colour. slowly release that and that will get rid of the pressure in fuel line, u will however loose some fuel. once u have unscrewed that there is a little washer and the fuel pipe, pull them off, easy to do that bit.

then there are six nuts that hold the fuel rail in place, three off which are near the cam cover, and the others are on the throtle side of fuel rail.

u will also have to unbolt the breather tubes that attach to the fuel rail , but thats all self explaintory when taking it off.

there are a few other clips that hold wires in place around the fuel rail just unclip them , makes it alittle easyier to do.

once u have undon all the bolts, u need to disconect the injector wire plugs, which is easy to do , what i also did was follow the wire to the throttle body and disconected the plugs from that area just to make it easyier.

once that is done u then can remove the fuel rail with a little wiggle, some injectors may come with it or may not, if they are still in the block just remove them, but remember to take the black rubber seals out of the block and send away with injectors,

replacine them is the same, just take a little time making sure injectors are properly seated in fuel rail and engine block. hope it helps.

oh yeah sorry for got to say, once u have replaced them and put every thing back on,
u need to switch ignition on, and it pressurises fuel line, turn off and do it again, and then u are cool to start, mine splutted for alittle bit but cleared itself and all cool.

the reason for not winding down windows is , when u put the igniton on to put windows up, and u have no fuel rail or injectors on, u spray optimax all over the engine, like some stupid idiot done.

hope helps
Old 06-01-2007, 05:19 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

cheers fot that guys.

Phils2k, why was it a waste of time? , how many miles had your S done?, my S has done 102k now, but i think it maybe causing the ecu to pick up misfires.

Cheers
Old 06-01-2007, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it was a waste of time as the S has now gone to the US for mase to stick new injectors in and turbo on lwhen they were sent back they had the % readings with them b4 and after

mine were 93, 93,92,95

after they were all 95

i am trying to send u the pages but its a pdf doc and having trouble can always post it to u, and be with u mon or tues