UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Insurance in Ireland

Old 10-06-2009, 05:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance in Ireland

Hi lads,

Just got my insurance renewal quote there from Aviva and they are quoting me €1,264 fully comp. What are other people paying for insurance? This seems a bit high as i paid the exact same last year and hav'nt made any claims. I'm 27, five years no claims driving and four years with a full licence. Anyone getting insurance for cheaper than this? Cheers.

Al.

p.s I tried insure.ie for a quick comparison but it only threw up two offers, one was more expensive and the other was slightly cheaper but there were conditions attached.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:37 AM

I'm with zurich, which I found a hell of alot cheaper than anyone else.
Tried chill.ie, allianz, FBD (won't insure the car) AA, 123.ie and bestquote.ie

Best thing to do is shop around, try as many as you can.

I was with hibernian last year and they sent me a renewal quote of over 400 quid more expensive, told them to shove it as they wouldn't drop even though I was getting cheaper quotes elsewhere.

I don't have a very good opinion of insurance companies in Ireland, very little regulation and they seem to do what they want.

Got several quotes from the same company each charging me wildly different prices... hmmmm
Old 10-06-2009, 06:42 AM

Yeah i know its a joke, half them wont insure you and the other half just make up numbers!! Cheers for all the info, i'll have a look tonight and see what i can get. I was hopin Aviva would come crawling back to me with a better quote if i just ignored thier renewal notice and let them sweat a bit.... didnt work. I'll let you know what kinda quotes i get. Cheers for the help.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:45 AM

Why is it so difficult to get a quote over here!!! Just been on the following websites:
Zurich - cannot quote online, need to call them
123.ie - wont quote
FBD - wont quote
Allianz - wont quote
AA - Wont quote online, need to call their sales team
Chill.ie - website keeps crashing!!!

The only quote i managed to get is 1,186 from bestquote.ie which is only about a hundred euro saving but at least its a start. Will call the insurance companies tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:10 PM

To be fair Im 33 and have full no claims and have been quoted the same money as yourself.But Im with hibernian and they gave me 20% off my quote for this year as I have no penalty points (woo hoo) which bought it down to 740e.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:33 AM

Yeah i suppose the insurance quote reflects the car we drive but its just that Hibernian have quoted me the same amount as last year and i have a years more no claims bonus and no penalty points!! I'll try calling them and see if they can do any better.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:57 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm 26 with a full licence(some how) and a full 5 yrs ncb and im pay €1000 with insure.ie(Mike Murphy)

My insurance didnt go down from last year but they renewed it for the same price...
Old 10-07-2009, 04:49 AM

Thats pretty reasonable, i would be happy to pay a grand. Just been onto AA and they quoted me 1,500 but i would have to get an engineers report on my invidia exhaust and Zurich wont quote me because of the invidia exhaust!! I'll try insure.ie again and tailor some of my answers a bit!!
Old 10-08-2009, 01:13 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by alcollins85,Oct 7 2009, 01:49 PM
Thats pretty reasonable, i would be happy to pay a grand. Just been onto AA and they quoted me 1,500 but i would have to get an engineers report on my invidia exhaust and Zurich wont quote me because of the invidia exhaust!! I'll try insure.ie again and tailor some of my answers a bit!!
I think that their doing a deal at the moment with insuring youe spouse on the car and it bringing down your quote....
Old 10-08-2009, 02:05 AM

I have heard good things about 25+ and Probus.

Quick Reply: Insurance in Ireland