UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Intro/Updates of My S

Old 11-30-2008, 04:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lower,Nov 29 2008, 07:49 PM
That's not my point.

My point is that the spring spacers being in for that length of time meant the potential for some major damage to the suspension and therefore Honda changed it.

If nothing else, the car's been driven with no compliance in the suspension and then as the spacers wore, very little compliance.

The suspension arms and bushes will have taken brunt of all bumps in the road and the dampers will have only worked over a very small length of travel.

Be prepared for spring breakage and premature damper failure and get a geo done asap to check the condition of you bushes.

I spoke to the Honda Tech advisor who delt with Pinkys old car (he now works for Toyota) and her car was truely bladdered by having the spring spacer left in. Something like all the welds on the corner of the car popped (might have been exagerating) and the stiffness off the car was something close to jelly. That was a fairly extreme case though.

Her whole car ended up getting replaced for it (UK bought from new)
Old 11-30-2008, 05:06 AM

Received 243 Likes on 209 Posts

Hi, hope your knocking noise is nothing serious after reading some of the above.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:30 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Red face

Just thought id update this thread as i've gotten a few things for the car. I got a cat back Buddy Club Prospec dual exhaust system, OEM wind deflecter and then got a K&N induction kit. I haven't fitted the exhaust yet as i think the car should have a nice set of wheels before it. The K&N in VTEC is the sweetest noise i've heard from any Honda from my experiences.

I had always intended replacing the semi leather seats with full leather ones so when they came up on ebay one day i bought the set and the door cards with them as they had the OEM tweeters with them. They look a lot better then the cloth seats imo. I also got a carbon fibre centre console cover to replace the horrible carpet that goes over it as standard. The next thing was the hood was old and suffering from the known wear issue so i bought a replacement hood with a glass rear screen from Monsoon.

Im so sick of the standard 16's so i bought a set of 17" Rays CE28n alloys. I had just intended in getting an OEM front lip for the car but an Amuse front bumper came up at a good price on Jap auctions so i snapped that up. I also have put on a set of D2 coilovers as i wanted to be able to adjust the ride height/hardness, good value for money these.

So the car is waiting on the bumper, new hood, exhaust and wheels to be put on. Once this is done ill go and get the suspension geometry sorted as this can wreak the great handling of this car. Then there will be just a small few other things like decat/new 4 piece mats/rear diffuser and maybe some carbon fibre engine bay bits. Ill get them as i go and she'll be perfect.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:00 PM

Just a few quick pics of my S with Amuse front bumper and Volk Gt-n alloys, shes dirty and it was from my phone so quality is not the best. Will sort later in week. Running +44 offset front and rear, front looks fine but will roll the rear arch as rubs on hard cornering Must also put the white badge back on the front as the red looks wrong.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She looking really good now
Old 04-03-2014, 05:25 AM

Hmmm i never really updated this so i guess i will.

In 2010 I painted the brake calipers, brake disk centres and the hub centres.

Then stuck on some S2000 stickers on them.

Replaced the hood.

In 2011 here is a few pics from the first Irish Festival of Speed in Adare when it was super shiney.

In 2012 I had been doing a few bits to the S2000 but mainly small things that cant be seen. I have installed heated seat elements into the seats, cleaned and conditioned the leather (using Gliptone-stuff is great!)on them and repaired the drivers bolster and swapped them over. Also wiring up the rear window demister as my car has a retro fitted heated screen and running wires for my dual oil gauge. Took a few pics of the seats:

Seats:

Drivers:

Passengers:

Also got a few bits and pieces to service her, this includes genuine (expensive) 4 piece mats and white HEL braided lines from Si. I kinda freaked out i might not get a set when i found out from another Irish owner that said the red sets were discontinued.

Bits

And in the box are the mats:

2012/2013
I bought a second S2000 to take parts off of and sell off as standard. I've nearly gotten it to standard only now. I ended up retiring mine for awhile and driving this for a year lol. The poor donor car that is nearly back to standard:

Eventually got around to swapping over the parts. Here is how she sat under construction:

Brakes now on her, 4 pots made by Project Mu:

New lightweight propshaft going in:

A list of the few nice new(ish) mods now although there are a few more that will go on someday when i get a chance. Heres the mods;
-Spoon thermostat
-Spoon fan switch
-Spoon ECU
-Spoon valve cover (not on)
-Spoon carbon kevlar spark plug cover
-Spoon spark plugs
-Spoon oil cap
-Spoon baffled oil sump
-Spoon rad cap
-Spoon socks (hahah)
-Spoon X brace
-Spoon rear brace
-Spoon gearbox mount
-Spoon driveshaft spacers
-Spoon progressive springs
-HPI engine damper (not on)
-Toda exhaust manifold
-CTG carbon fibre prop shaft
-Driveshaft Shop stage 1 driveshafts
-Mugen fibreglass hardtop
-Project Mu 4 pot brakes
-Stoptech grooved rear disks
-HEL braided brake lines
-Motul RF600 brake fluid
-Alpine components
-New security piece
and
-as per photo below new Honda bolts, bungs, gaskets, MTF, filters, Type 2 coolant, etc

Old 04-03-2014, 05:27 AM

So i finally got it back on the road earlier this year, thank f@#k. Albeit with the standard front bumper as the Amuse needs a respray so ill get it done with the wings and carbon bits that are being painted. Also put the 5Zigen wheels on as i wait for my new front GT-Cs to come and decide what to do with my CE28s (5 spare holes need enlarging to fit over the Project Kics spacers). She flew through the NCT (Irish MOT) as well with all new parts so im happy out....now i can put the decat and exhaust back on lol.

Out of the shed, finally:

Coast road run on a Sunday:

Then i got the CE28n's back on and said id throw the J's replica lip on her to see what it was like too, nice. Which is how she sits currently. Ill have her in for paint hopefully before this month is out and have the Amuse front and Varis bonnet/boot/wings on and sprayed for the Euromeet. Not sure if ill still have the CE28n's on or the new "street" wheels in the form of Volk GT-Cs once i get the fronts paint matched and tyres on them.

Oh i also had a trackday at the end of March, lovely weather for the majority of the day. I popped the Varis boot/spoiler and bonnet on. It ran fine on a dry track, i've never timed my previous (2/3) trackdays but did this time with Race chrono. I did a 2'13 which is quiet a lot different to when i started going by the videos times lol. Id now like to get below 2'10 on the normal tyres which from looking at the video of that run should be easy enough if i dont run into traffic and change 1/2 lines. I have A048s at home which i think the rears will last half a day maybe for when i want to use them but i quiet enjoy using the street tyres atm. Quite happy with it considering its not much lighter (-40kg roughly) or more powerful (+10hp roughly) than a stock S, mostly just refinements.

Some pics:

Old 04-03-2014, 06:28 AM
Le8

Wow very nice mate.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:08 AM
BCA

Has the carbon propshaft reduced the transmission shunt out of interest?
Old 07-02-2014, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by BCA
Has the carbon propshaft reduced the transmission shunt out of interest?
Do you mean when you put it into gear, then no.

So the car was more or less ready for the Euromeet even though the colour match wasn't perfect, hope to have it sorted during the summer. After 4.5k km on the extended Euromeet trip the S needed some TLC. It badly needed a clean/polish since i left it uncleaned throughout the trip, i wasn't arsed basically. During the trip an array of issues popped up; first was some torn spark plug seals causing oil to leak in and eventually boil/kill a spark plug (all remedied by the legend that is Furio-Italian S2000 Head of International Rescue and Relations, so i could get it home with a self imposed 4k rev limit). I had my cousin ring Honda Annecy in France and collected the spark plug seals as a precautioanry measure but they weren't needed. Along the way one of the Buddyclubs exhaust hangers started to detach (common issue), unfortunately it shook a nut loose from the exhaust connections but the bolt stayed put. I took the passenger wiper off and used that 14mm nut to tighten her up again and cable tying the hanger for extra support. Finally after a run through the Jura mountains in France a rear diff mount popped and oozed everywhere.

Once home i put on the new spark plug seals and made sure they seated correctly. The car still drives fine with the other repair jobs bar the rear being a little more "slippy". Im awaiting delivery of new OEM diff mounts, new NGK plugs, new rear drop links (in case they're needed). A new SoS A pillar guage pod (to fit my Defi's) and billet tow hooks are also on order. Waiting to go on are a Greddy oil cooler (once i check my oil temperatures after the next track day), engine torque damper and maybe some cold air feeds. I may even check the AFRs some day given the breathing mods on the car but i hope the Spoon ECU remedies any leaning issue that may occur. New Eagle F1 Ass 2 tyres, KW v2s, geometry tweeked and a spare diff (for a FD) are all on the cards. Would love an AP2 gearbox as well.

As she stands:
[attachment=62036:20140624_1832511.jpg]
Attached Thumbnails Intro/Updates of My S-20140624_1832511.jpg