UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

It's quiet round here/Facebook etc

Old 04-01-2018, 09:00 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Default It's quiet round here/Facebook etc

To be honest, why would anyone be a member rather than a registered user these days. Dead forum really, which is sad.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:44 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by CynicG
To be honest, why would anyone be a member rather than a registered user these days. Dead forum really, which is sad.
Discount from Hendy?
And others.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:42 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CynicG
Dead forum? Seems a bit harsh. Care to explain? What is it you find lacking?
As far as I can tell it always seems to be helpful and supportive.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:02 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

2 or 3 years back it was always full of new threads. Lots of technical stuff to keep the interest going. Now its quiet and very little new happening. I think Daytona Daves posts have always been great thou. Would love more threads like his! Everyones using facebook now but thats too far in the other direction, you end up missing stuff because people post so much shite
Old 04-02-2018, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by devon2k
Dead forum? Seems a bit harsh. Care to explain? What is it you find lacking?
As far as I can tell it always seems to be helpful and supportive.
It used to have 20 new threads a day and a very active user base. Now there is a handful of users on here as it appears that most activity has moved to Facebook. That's a shame. There is still a lot of really useful information on here that will be a shame to lose. And some excellent contributors.

As for discounts, that's got nothing to do with S2Ki. The UK discounts are through S2KUK. And given that Si @ Hendy works less than 2 miles from my house, discounts with him have never been an issue.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by markforrester99
2 or 3 years back it was always full of new threads. Lots of technical stuff to keep the interest going. Now its quiet and very little new happening. I think Daytona Daves posts have always been great thou. Would love more threads like his! Everyones using facebook now but thats too far in the other direction, you end up missing stuff because people post so much shite
Well said Mark
Old 04-02-2018, 02:18 AM

Received 623 Likes on 545 Posts

I guess the car is a lot more rare now but I agree, you only need to look a few threads down to see the last entry was over a week ago..
Old 04-02-2018, 03:38 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by richmc
Discount from Hendy?
And others.
You don't need to be a paid up member to get a discount from Hendy (or any of the other traders here).

You do need to be a member of S2KUK to get access to the discounts offered there, however.

As for the dead forum, it most certainly is quiet here nowadays. Then again, everything that needs to be said about the S2000 has already been said many times over.

Also, the ownership profile has changed. In the beginning, it was a car owned by yuppies like me, who spent their time at their desks "working" on computers, and who could easily visit and post nonsense. Add to that the aforementioned rise of facebook, and the fact that many of the cars are now owned by people who do real work for a living, it's inevitably quieter.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by lovegroova

... it was a car owned by yuppies like me, who spent their time at their desks "working" on computers
Wasn't it 'working on computers and admiring Russian office staff'...?
Old 04-03-2018, 11:26 PM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Way back in 2007/2008 I used to have a BB1 Prelude (Epic car by the way) I was a member and a prolific poster on a well-known Prelude forum (won’t name it, as I have no wish to twist the knife or appear to be rude to what was/is a great bunch of moderators/site owners).

I went on the forum the other day to look up some info on H22 engines for a project I’m doing now, and found one of my old posts still on page 3 of the main part of the forum. Page 3! Meaning that there had only been 2 pages of new posts in nearly 10 years since I’ve been gone.

Given the age and rarity of the ‘lude now, and the online behaviours of the buyers/owners then perhaps this is indicative of where S2KI (the UK and IE portion) might be going?

Quick Reply: It's quiet round here/Facebook etc