UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

It's quiet round here/Facebook etc

Old 04-05-2018, 08:46 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Well, I'm (currently!) a guest but I've found these forums an invaluable resource both pre and post-buying
Old 04-05-2018, 09:55 AM
Community Organizer

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by devon2k
My problem with FB is the amount of meaningless one line banter that gets posted. Just so much bollocks, and not a lot of useful help and support.
I don't see the forum as a chatroom; more of a very helpful source of information and experience.
Surely there's room for both platforms.
Please, let's not allow this one to die.
The members only fb group is fairly useless banter free; there's another s2k group for banter so it's mostly kept there. I do find people's inability to use the Facebook group search option *really* frustrating but it's just the same as the newbs not searching on here.

The fb events contain the links thru to the forum to try to get people to check the forum out too. Plus there's often more events and usually more info on the forum so I always tell people to check the events out there.

We'll keep doing everything we can to keep the forum alive. I think the newest generation of owners just feel more at home on fb or Instagram than on a forum. Fecking newbs
Old 04-05-2018, 10:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Essogirl
The members only fb group is fairly useless banter free; there's another s2k group for banter so it's mostly kept there. I do find people's inability to use the Facebook group search option *really* frustrating but it's just the same as the newbs not searching on here.

The fb events contain the links thru to the forum to try to get people to check the forum out too. Plus there's often more events and usually more info on the forum so I always tell people to check the events out there.

We'll keep doing everything we can to keep the forum alive. I think the newest generation of owners just feel more at home on fb or Instagram than on a forum. Fecking newbs
Soapstar this forum sucks, run by idiots for idiots. on a serious note, the only worthwhile updates are those from the northwest.....pains me to say that! Ricardo suck a dix.

people want information is one place, Facebook or twitter is those places now. Sign of the times. I liked it here several years ago. Now.....not so much

I back Cynic 100%, he is my idol.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:09 AM

Received 243 Likes on 209 Posts

I don't do facebook, at all, so guess I'm here to stay.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:37 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I don't like the FB group at all but that's the format of the platform. I generally like forums for all the reasons mentioned before; sorting, search; general lightweight parsing etc.

I've never been a fan of off topic areas. You join a forum to talk about that topic. And I've had enough tantrums arguing with those who I'll never see eye to eye with.

And Mike, your a bellend!
Old 04-05-2018, 12:03 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

^ pot kettle black

Old 04-05-2018, 12:06 PM
Community Organizer

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Apparently Mike has a micro penis. That's why he's so angry all the time
Old 04-05-2018, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Essogirl
Apparently Mike has a micro penis. That's why he's so angry all the time
shut up prosecco princess. Means I covertly stick it in places
Old 04-05-2018, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by CynicG
I don't like the FB group at all but that's the format of the platform. I generally like forums for all the reasons mentioned before; sorting, search; general lightweight parsing etc.

I've never been a fan of off topic areas. You join a forum to talk about that topic. And I've had enough tantrums arguing with those who I'll never see eye to eye with.

And Mike, your a bellend!
Old 04-05-2018, 10:55 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I do see quite a few posts on Facebook about issues with the S and when I can I will link to the forum. If more is done to promote the forum in this way then word will spread. It is a valuable resource of many hours of investigation by owners. As to FB itself, I liken it to the Daily Mail,
"Why let the truth get in the way of a good story?"

Quick Reply: It's quiet round here/Facebook etc