UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

It's quiet round here/Facebook etc

Old 05-24-2018, 12:54 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

[QUOTE=neilsie;24463320]
Originally Posted by gaddafi
switching between platforms is fine just like switching between sub forums is fine

what isn't fine is ignoring the conventions of the platform or sub forum you have chosen to post in/on

I don't use Facebook because of the prevalence of one line drivel postings which are absent here

[\QUOTE]

Pete, I’m at a beer festival from tomorrow.
that may be more dribble than drivel

where?
Old 05-25-2018, 08:07 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This forum is an excellent resource and the members bring a wealth of knowledge. I doubt it'll go down the route of some of the other forum's I've been on.

I've met a few of you in person at shows and meets (although I can't remember all of your names) and generally you're a decent bunch of people, but my god on the forum it's like a group of grumpy old barstewards sometimes, no wonder some people find it difficult and unwelcoming.

As for the FB group, it was alright. Useless for any sort of navigation or structure, much like FB itself - tbh, FB had always irked me to the point where I deleted my account on there.
The following users liked this post:
boys2k (05-25-2018)
Old 05-27-2018, 01:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A forum post ; about the lack of a forum?! Interesting :0))

I agree that the ownership demographic has changed... new owners saving to buy a car that is at best, nine years old, makes them as passionate about the marque as someone whom bought one new with their annual bonus back in the day.....just sayin :0)
Old 05-27-2018, 10:30 PM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperHamz
As for the FB group, it was alright. Useless for any sort of navigation or structure, much like FB itself - tbh, FB had always irked me to the point where I deleted my account on there.
Did you flounce to instagrim instead
Old 05-28-2018, 01:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by unclefester
Did you flounce to instagrim instead
Was already on Instagram, which also irks me somewhat with the barage of ads and nonsensical forced order in whcih it displays posts. Whatever happened to just having them chronologically!

Instagram is still pretty good at providing some much needed entertainment, be it Dwayne Johnson or people dressed up as comic book characters.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:08 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I haven't been that active on here in the last couple of years, mainly because I rarely use my car these days (too precious about it!) and when I have, I just use it for work and not been bothered about any upgrades, not had any faults, so just not been on here.

I use Reddit a lot so use the s2000 sub, although it's not very active, and mostly US based.

Facebook cannot replace a forum, even though some of the youngsters use it like a forum.

The cars are getting older and there's less and less of them. I think they change hands less frequently than other cars too, I think there's a large portion of us who have owned our cars a long time - I'm over 5 years in now which is a record for me, by about 3 years over any other car I've ever had, I think this is common on the s2k. No cars changing hands means no new members asking questions, doing things differently, planning upgrades/parts replacements etc.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually stopped coming here because the vast changes in the forum made it a bit of a mess and unfriendly to use
Old 07-17-2018, 05:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shame all this, as I’m just on the cusp of coming back & I’m on the look out for a little project...
unfortunately I don’t really do facefu** or the other social site, not because I don’t particularly like them or anything. I just don’t have the time & they have a funny ability to be able to take you to an alternative place where 1hr seems like 5mins!

Old 07-20-2018, 09:08 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyDoh
Shame all this, as I’m just on the cusp of coming back & I’m on the look out for a little project...
unfortunately I don’t really do facefu** or the other social site, not because I don’t particularly like them or anything. I just don’t have the time & they have a funny ability to be able to take you to an alternative place where 1hr seems like 5mins!

Just stick with the forum. I'm starting to think of it as just a library of extremely useful knowledge, not nearly so much chit chat and banter as a couple of years ago. I'd like to see the traffic data, can't be more than a couple of dozen visits per day.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm trying my best to do my bit

Quick Reply: It's quiet round here/Facebook etc