UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

J's Racing Dual 70mm Titanium Exhaust

Old 02-14-2007, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up J's Racing Dual 70mm Titanium Exhaust

About 3 months ago I did a favour for a friend who spends a lot of time working in Japan and also imports from Japan on a regular basis.

As repayment he offered to supply and import an exhaust for me.

I requested the Amuse Dual Titanium and gave him the spec and piccies etc. I believed that this exhaust is generally considered the daddy of dual exhausts.

Anyway to cut a long story short the exhaust turned up today and its not an Amuse its the J's racing dual titanium 70mm exhaust with dolphin tips. It was brought out in 2006 I believe to superceed the 60 mm exhaust.

Does anybody have any info on performance, noise, quality etc before I fit it or send it back ?

Thanks in advance

Andy
Old 02-14-2007, 09:37 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Err I would certainly not send it back.

Don't know much about it, but being J's, it will almost certainly be one of the best available.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:10 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yah, Js will be good. IIRC expect some gins but not much, think a few of the yanks said it was a good dual, when i wondering which one to get.

If you want power, again, single pipe.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd have it over the flaky Amuse every time. I considered the 60RS exhaust a few months ago as it was a quite single pipe option. I suspect the 70mm dual will be quite noisy, although the dolphin tips reduce the dBs recorded by drive by equipment
Old 02-14-2007, 11:10 AM

yeah the dolphin tips look a bit odd IMO but when I was looking into buying exhausts, it featured amongst the best duals. If you do go ahead and fit it can you post some pics please as i'd like to see a fitted one on the S because it's something i'll be considering in the future.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:15 PM

I've got the J's 60RS single and can confirm the quality is superb. The weight is unbelievable too. Apparently the duals are noisier than singles somehow, and the 70 is loud! TBH from reading the american threads, 70mm is a little too large if you're staying NA. The 60 mm dual would be better suited to NA.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:09 PM

Thanks for the input chaps

Ok, it would appear that I'm in a certain amount of unchartered territory here. Although as Steven said if its J's its bound to be good.

After trailing the forums it would appear that the first of the 70mm dual exhausts didn't become available until the very back end of last year and theres only a handful about.

I noticed one guy on the US forums posted in three forums that the exhaust would be a no no unless F.I. I don't think he had first hand experience though, more just an opinion

The dolphin tips on the 70 mm are angled differently than on the 60mm pipe which I'm quite pleased about as I'm not too keen on the angle of the pipes on the 60mm and they do look pretty with their blue tinge.

The build quality is excellent the visual quality of the welds is second to none.

As a result I'm gonna give it a go and install it. I'll hopefully get it fitted tomorrow and will post up some piccies and a write up as i go.

So either a big or if not look out in the for sale forum

Andy
Old 02-14-2007, 10:15 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 02-15-2007, 07:31 AM

FOOOOK ME ITS LOUD

Got it fitted this afternoon.

Got a complaint from a dog walker whos dog sh$t itself when the mechanic asked me to do a drive by past his garage

It really is loud but then again I'm used to a stock exhaust and it may quieten down a little yet.

I'm still not 100% sure about the blue dolphin tips yet and havn't had the chance to give it a proper run yet to see if there is any noticeable performance improvements.

I've taken loadsa piccies of the install and will post them up later when I get a few minutes.

Also thanks for all the PM's but I'm not going to sell it just yet

Andy
Old 02-15-2007, 09:20 AM

Quick Reply: J's Racing Dual 70mm Titanium Exhaust