UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

windscreen mouldings

Old 08-11-2018, 09:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default windscreen mouldings

Getting a new screen fitted at the end of the week and have been told they don't use oem moulding so would it be beneficial at 50 quid a pop to buy an oem moulding for a better result.

Thanks.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:06 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

There is a massive thread somewhere about windscreens, basically OEM is best.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a new screen fitted, 1st rubber was a none honda one and curled up on the corners straight away. They then replaced the screen and rubber with a none honda screen and honda seal. 6 months on and its started curling under on the corners. Think you need a genuine screen and seal to get the job done right.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:08 AM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

What the others said. I replaced with non OEM window and seal and my seal is curling up on the upper corners of the windshield. If you can upgrade to OEM for only 50 I'd definitely do it.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:44 AM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I had a Honda OEM seal and Fuyao screen from Autoglass this year, it did settle down and shape to the corners but only after some encouragement and it's not lifted yet. I think the key is the Honda rubber - much better compared with what the previous owner had been given a replacement with ( thin rubber with gaps and curling at the corners and the rear mirror was angled too high due to no "wedge" mount)
Old 08-12-2018, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by BenRNBP
I had a Honda OEM seal and Fuyao screen from Autoglass this year, it did settle down and shape to the corners but only after some encouragement and it's not lifted yet. I think the key is the Honda rubber - much better compared with what the previous owner had been given a replacement with ( thin rubber with gaps and curling at the corners and the rear mirror was angled too high due to no "wedge" mount)
thanks for the info guys, do autoglass supply oem rubber as standard or did you buy that yourself as i'm getting mixed responses as to what they supply.

cheers.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:34 PM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I only paid my insurance company windscreen excess of £75 and I didn't ask for it especially, but I did say that they should "...send someone that's fitted an S2000 before as I will complain if I'm not happy...". The chap that turned up seemed to have been bitten by non-OEM seals before, not just on the S2000, so it could possibly have been him deciding what goes on his van to bring rather than Autoglass policy.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:45 PM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

I had 3 attempts and paint damage when I got mine changed... 2 months in total to get it right including a visit to my body shop. You need OEM screen and OEM rubber otherwise you'll have gaps where the plastic cover runs at the bottom and also rubber that leaves gaps in the corners and leaks.
Make sure you watch them cut it out because he cut into the paint round the screen and if left will rust!
Old 08-12-2018, 01:45 PM

Think I will buy the oem rubber and see what he turns up with just in case, if he does bring an oem one with him then I have 30 days to return the one I buy anyway.

To be honest I don't know anyone who has had an oem screen fitted if they have gone through autoglass they always use fuyao screens I was told but I would think it's more about the oem rubber than the actual glass.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just had my screen done last week by international motor glass through Hastings they fitted o.e.m screen and seal after prove thats what was fitted,

Quick Reply: windscreen mouldings