UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Jack smiths

Old 04-12-2016, 04:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Taking it elsewhere comes with the added bonus of not giving your money to a known racist. I don't care how cheap he is, he's not getting my money. (Having said that, he probably would have before this information came to light).
Have you met him yourself Simon or are you relying on 3rd hand info?
Old 04-12-2016, 05:05 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by earl's_f20c
I've read the comments in this thread from people who have visited.

I do realise I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford to take my business elsewhere and this isn't an option for everyone.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was there two weeks ago having mine done. We went for a walk round the bay to the mumbles pier and back, about 10 miles in all on a nice sunny day, there is a land train that runs (didn't on the day we went due to technical issues) that could reduce the leg work!.

Replaced my roof elastic, I bought a metre from a market for a pound before hand and asked him nicely. Agree with the majority on the quality of the work, few stray strands to tidy up and the straps could have been neater if wrapped round a turn and a half but they do the job. Roof was quiet on the M-way home. Quite tight to fit the catches but some of that is due to the difference in the roof frame for the pre and post facelift models apparently, hopefully that will get easier in time. Swapped my cracked plastic for a glass screen (bought from a scrap yard for a bit over £100, was worried that the glass was smaller but so glad I made the change. Glass is plenty big enough, could see through the plastic but it was so distorted compared to the glass. Verdict - sound job but lacks finesse

The guys doing the work had their morning rant while they started the job. Not a racist comment passed their lips, it was a moan about the change of home ownership towards cheap student rents which in their view reduced the level of local housing tax paid and hence the availability of council money to improve the local area. Plus the annual dumping of the rubbish left in the houses by the students/renovaters. Could sympathise with their feelings, but couldn't say how valid they were.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Taking it elsewhere comes with the added bonus of not giving your money to a known racist. I don't care how cheap he is, he's not getting my money. (Having said that, he probably would have before this information came to light).
I'm a little surprised to hear you calling someone a racist based solely on comments on this forum. And if I'm honest, a little bit disappointed.

I think it's only fair to allow someone to defend themselves, after all pointing the finger of racism, sexism or crying paedophile is very serious and can be very damaging. Some can be far to quick to accuse others, based on shaky "evidence" (this is a general comments not aimed at LG).
Old 04-12-2016, 05:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I found the guy to be ok, he got cracking with my roof as soon as I got there (within 10 mins of talking to him he had already removed 75% of the old cloth roof from the frame) and the guy in the back sewing new ones seemed fine too.

Let's face it, we all have bad days and want to go on a rant, hell I've had bad days on here (I'm sure some of you will remember) but I still consider myself to be a decent person. Sometimes you just say shit you don't mean but with regards to the quality of his work I thought it was very good and for a very good price!

Having actually met him and seen his work I'd happily go again.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by earl's_f20c' timestamp='1460463085' post='23935467
I've read the comments in this thread from people who have visited.

I do realise I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford to take my business elsewhere and this isn't an option for everyone.
Crikey Si, I wouldn't take everything folks say here as gospel.

If you believed everything people said about me you'd think I was some kind of depraved pervert with a penchant for ogling young ladies a$$es in tight, tight leggings...
Old 04-12-2016, 07:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by caboose
Let's face it, we all have bad days and want to go on a rant, hell I've had bad days on here (I'm sure some of you will remember).
Do I ever
Old 04-12-2016, 08:55 AM

Though nobody probably cares, I did call him and he provided a list of areas to seal up.

Sealed as instructed and the bastards thing still leaks like FB's misses panties (alot)

Will be taking it back when convenient.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikefifth
Though nobody probably cares, I did call him and he provided a list of areas to seal up.

Sealed as instructed and the bastards thing still leaks like FB's misses panties (alot)

Mike, note: there should be a gap between the a and the l of 'a lot' unlike the her panties.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by S2K-Phil
Originally Posted by mikefifth' timestamp='1460480132' post='23935888

Mike, note: there should be a gap between the a and the l of 'a lot' unlike the her panties.
Thanks Phil, hard language is English.

Quick Reply: Jack smiths