S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   Jenson (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/jenson-732353/)

Gaspode 09-29-2009 01:11 PM

I've already been tango'd HB

But I may get the stone chips I have picked up professionally seen to.

m1bjr 09-29-2009 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Sep 29 2009, 06:05 PM
I don't see what Honda haven't done in either of these cases :ponder:

Build it right first time?
:(

Do a search in my old posts and you will find my comments about the Top Gear Survey rigging.

Where I basically stated that the Honda service will be shocking if they think they have no standards to improve upon.
Seems I was right.

Bokkie 09-29-2009 01:31 PM

Let me add my 2 pennies worth before I hit the hay:

Bristol Honda have flown the flag for Honda UK throughout my recent experience with Jenson.

Honda UK have had no visible presence whatsoever. And whilst I acknowledge that I purchased Jenson from Bristol Honda and not direct from Honda UK I am appalled at the lack of interaction from the HUK side.

What HUK have is an abject failure to appreciate how disappointed I am with what's happened to Jenson and how disgusted I am at the service I received from Enterprise.

To be fair, I have yet to provide this feedback to Honda UK.

But you'd have thought that the failure (and a possible systemic one at that) of a car (possibly 2....maybe more) less than 4 months old would have been an opportunity for Honda UK to raise their after-sales profile and render impeccable customer service & support. Particularly given the wider audience via this site and the possibility that other folks may be affected over time...

I've definitely received impeccable service from Bristol Honda but of Honda UK there is no sign....yet!

In closing, it's nice to think that Jenson now has company in the Brizzle stable! :D

m1bjr 09-29-2009 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bokkie,Sep 29 2009, 10:31 PM
Let me add my 2 pennies worth before I hit the hay:

Bristol Honda have flown the flag for Honda UK throughout my recent experience with Jenson.

Honda UK have had no visible presence whatsoever. And whilst I acknowledge that I purchased Jenson from Bristol Honda and not direct from Honda UK I am appalled at the lack of interaction from the HUK side.

What HUK have is an abject failure to appreciate how disappointed I am with what's happened to Jenson and how disgusted I am at the service I received from Enterprise.

To be fair, I have yet to provide this feedback to Honda UK.

But you'd have thought that the failure (and a possible systemic one at that) of a car (possibly 2....maybe more) less than 4 months old would have been an opportunity for Honda UK to raise their after-sales profile and render impeccable customer service & support. Particularly given the wider audience via this site and the possibility that other folks may be affected over time...

I've definitely received impeccable service from Bristol Honda but of Honda UK there is no sign....yet!

In closing, it's nice to think that Jenson now has company in the Brizzle stable! :D

Honda don't care, and why would they.
They don't make the S2000 any more.
The current owners are unlikely to want a 'solar powered wheelchair' next.
The Honda target market in the UK is to be electric/hybrids/snooze wagons.
They are already looking the other way.
Sad, but true.

hudsonbay 09-29-2009 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Gaspode,Sep 29 2009, 10:11 PM
I've already been tango'd HB

But I may get the stone chips I have picked up professionally seen to.

I did not realise you had your engine bay done! I thought it was the car and hood ! Just some light hearted humour :D

LTB 09-30-2009 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Sep 29 2009, 05:05 PM
When you buy a product from a shop, who do you take it back to?

The Shop.

Your argument isn't entirely relevant here Ian.

Most shops are usually just a retailer and don't manufacture the products that they are selling.

In this instance Honda makes the products and sells them through their shops.
It is not like buying a £50 Bosch hedge strimmer from Argos. In this instance they have bought a £27k Honda from one of Honda's shops. The two are intrinsically linked and are the same organisation. The actions of one has a direct impact on the other.

It appears that whilst the 'shops' have been doing what they can, the customer is still not entirely satisfied and with good reason. If I were in their shoes, having spent nearly 30k on a Honda product, I would want somebody from higher up the food chain to step up and try to resolve matters.

Stookystar 09-30-2009 07:37 AM

Trish, i've not been on for here for a while and am so sorry to hear your news.

I am glad you're in Gaxxy's very capable hands though and hope Jenson and Snowy are better soon!

:)

gaddafi 09-30-2009 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bokkie,Sep 29 2009, 09:31 PM
Particularly given the wider audience via this site and the possibility that other folks may be affected over time...

this site has little if any relevance to Honda from what I've seen over the years

lower 09-30-2009 08:15 AM

Having gone through the same as Bokkie, albeit at 17k miles and 18 months or so of ownership, i also had no contact from Honda.

In my case it took 2-3 weeks for the engine to be supplied to the dealer and fitted. During this period i was supplied by Enterprise with a passat estate.

The dealer was fine and i had no need or expectation to be contacted by honda uk.

Honda employ dealers to be their customer facing representatives, therefore in my situation (and admittedly i didn't have the crap Micra hire car) i would and did expect them to be exactly that and i would and did not expect any contact from Honda UK.

Complain properly to Honda customer service if you're not happy with the loan car though.

I get the impression that Bokkie is happy with the service she's had from Bristol Honda. It's Gaspode's dealer that's giving the poor service and under those circumstances the only way Honda will know there is a problem is if you complain.

If they still respond poorly then that is a different matter.

AquilaEagle 09-30-2009 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by LTB,Sep 30 2009, 10:38 AM
Your argument isn't entirely relevant here Ian.

Most shops are usually just a retailer and don't manufacture the products that they are selling.

In this instance Honda makes the products and sells them through their shops.

Actually not Lee, the way the industry works is that the dealers are separate businesses and their own entity. It is like Tesco selling Kellogs. The dealerships sell Honda (and other brands of car).

:)