UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Just bought an '09 in Berlina black

Old 03-22-2011, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought an '09 in Berlina black

Hi everyone

I've just bought a 2009 GT in Berlina black with red leather.

Will probably be 10 days or so until I pick it up as doing a cherished transfer.

Great car, im coiming from a 2007 TT 3.2. Only comments so far are that it doesnt sound quite as satisfying as the 3.2 but it felt much tighter to drive. I used to own a VX220 2.2 and it felt somewhere between the two.

Very excited and cant wait until collection!!

Do you have any tips or advice?

I noticed the clutch was squeaking and asked them to have a look.

Also, when the roof is up there is a noise from the frame above the drivers seat and when the roof is down there is a noise from behind the drivers seat........... any ideas?

Thanks
Old 03-22-2011, 02:21 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by tjhmortimer
Hi everyone

Will probably be 10 days or so until I pick it up as doing a cherished transfer.

Great car, im coiming from a 2007 TT 3.2. Only comments so far are that it doesnt sound quite as satisfying as the 3.2 but it felt much tighter to drive. I used to own a VX220 2.2 and it felt somewhere between the two.

Also, when the roof is up there is a noise from the frame above the drivers seat and when the roof is down there is a noise from behind the drivers seat........... any ideas?

Thanks

Start by going through the FAQs, you have some Honda guarentee left, thats good, squeaky clutch is probably the ball & socket on the slave cylinder, been covered loads of times, try a search. The roof should be covered by honda.

where are you buying it from?
Old 03-22-2011, 02:47 PM

Welcome to the forum! You bought the best colour too!
Old 03-22-2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by gbduo
Welcome to the forum! You bought the best colour too!
+1
Old 03-22-2011, 02:56 PM

Best colour by far but a nightmare to maintain !

And as for the noise not being satisfying VTEC it through a tunnel.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by richmc
Originally Posted by tjhmortimer' timestamp='1300831783' post='20387397
Hi everyone

Thanks

Start by going through the FAQs, you have some Honda guarentee left, thats good, squeaky clutch is probably the ball & socket on the slave cylinder, been covered loads of times, try a search. The roof should be covered by honda.

where are you buying it from?

Hi

bought it from Two Mills Honda near Chester. I live in Chester and had been looking for a while. It just popped up for sale over the weekend. It still has 12 months Honda warranty left. Are there any know issues with the roof?

Thanks

Tom
Old 03-23-2011, 12:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome for a black car i would get this done http://www.tripleops.com/ no waxing ever again.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:52 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

"bought it from Two Mills Honda near Chester. I live in Chester and had been looking for a while. It just popped up for sale over the weekend. It still has 12 months Honda warranty left. Are there any know issues with the roof?"

Only when they wear, not a problem for you yet but keep it protected from UV, a good product for this is aerospace 303. But noise from the roof is unusual on an S this young, get them to check it. Do a serch for lizard skins, they are a chain protector for bicycles, nip into Halfords buy one jumbo one cut it in two, it wraps round the roof mechanisam just behind your head on both sides, a search will show where!

As its from Honda it might be worth downloading the pics of what to do with the clutch slave and show them, not many Honda techs are as savvy as you would expect on the S.

Also I would get them to check and adjust the geometry before you pick it up and keep the print out, geo needs doing at least once a year, more if you live on pothole avenue.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:16 AM

i live on the wirral, i have an 09 berlina, and always have a quick look in two mills when i go past, i hadnt seen this one though, did you have a look at the mugen civic they had in there?
Old 03-23-2011, 02:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gbduo
You bought the best colour too!
Nah

Quick Reply: Just bought an '09 in Berlina black