UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

K3Nguru's S2000

Old 01-19-2017, 03:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's been a while since my last update. My back was so bad I couldn't even think about following forums. I went through an operation (not sex change ) in mid November and I'm much better now. A month after the operation I started rebuilding my very rare EE5 4wd Civic to a new chassis. It sailed through MOT on Friday and went to icetrack on Sunday .

The chassis had been hibernating for 11 years. This is how it looked when I went to see it:

My S2000 is also present

After a month full rebuild the Civic looks like this. Notice the S2000 reg plate holder and S2KUK freshener

There are still a few parts missing but they'll have to wait. If you want to watch icetrack videos I can put links to non S2000 related talk. My Civic was faster than a WRX STi or I may have been just faster driver . On the other hand, I was slower than Citroen Saxo but that yellow rallye prepped Saxo was running race spikes

I changed all the bushings and metal blasted + painted all the arms & brake calipers. I should do the same to my S2000 some day. At least the brake calipers need a lick of paint as the black paint has started flaking. On S2000 front I was partly organising an event where I drove with my S2000. There are videos of SpeedParty 2016 somewhere but I'll need to find / upload them. I didn't even get to racetrack in 2016 . I attended just that one sprint event.

We are planning a long (3-4 weeks) road trip in summer so it would be nice to drive together if someone else is going to The Alps, The Dolomites, The Black Forest, Nürburgring, etc.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:02 AM

Welcome!

The civic looks great, many people would've happily scrapped that but you chose to restore it, well done! What colour is that?
Old 01-19-2017, 04:08 AM

Those 4wd Civic saloons are quite rare nowadays. There are less than 10 left in Finland and probably less than 100 in the whole world. The floor pans are different between FWD and 4WD. The colour is taken from Scania truck colour chart. There's no clear coat so it's easy to make repairs if need be.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:04 AM

I'm still alive. We had a nice three-week road trip in summer with my wife. We went all the way down to Croatia and totaled more than 7000 kms. I'll upload some photos and link videos when I have time. I've just enjoyed the car but I'll make some small improvements at some point.

BTW. We saw a yellow UK registered S2000 climbing towards Stelvio pass when we went down to Austria. That was in the beginning of July. Anyone from here?
Old 09-07-2017, 11:05 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by K3Nguru
I'm still alive. We had a nice three-week road trip in summer with my wife. We went all the way down to Croatia and totaled more than 7000 kms. I'll upload some photos and link videos when I have time. I've just enjoyed the car but I'll make some small improvements at some point.

BTW. We saw a yellow UK registered S2000 climbing towards Stelvio pass when we went down to Austria. That was in the beginning of July. Anyone from here?
It's probably the car FatBloke believes is taking ages in the workshop!
Old 06-13-2019, 01:32 AM

The Nob is still alive and I'm lurking here. Wife and I went to S2000 Euromeet 2019 in it. Almost three weeks of holiday. We had planned to go to Croatia but it was raining there so we decided to stay in Desenzano del Garda and Sirmione for a week. A week after the Euromeet the weather at Brenner was still bad. It was snowing and temperature was at zero. I had to drive fast enough to keep the tyres warm. We had decided to take some mountain passes from Austria to Germany but the forecast was showing sub-zero temperatures and snow. We had to take the plan B and drive to Ingolstad. Luckily, it was only raining on the way to Munich.

The rear end of Nob was repainted in last autumn / winter. There was so little lacquer left that we couldn't do any paint correction. A couple of days before the Euromeet trip the The Nob was professionally polished (3-step polish) and nano coated. We used Nanolex Si3D HD. It's super slick and should last at least a couple of years. No waxing needed (actually is't prohibited with this coating). The result can be found here:
View this post on Instagram

I'll add some photos from the Euromeet trip later.

Last edited by K3Nguru; 06-13-2019 at 01:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Nottm_S2 (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 11:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh the finnish guy from euromeet :-). Nice project threat!
Old 06-13-2019, 09:52 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Very nice project thread you have going on here! Was nice talking to you at the euromeet, was impresssed by the long distances you travel all around europe!

Stefan with the yellow S2000 that was parking behind your nice s2k
Old 06-14-2019, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Atr-platti
Oh the finnish guy from euromeet :-). Nice project threat!
Thanks mate. Which S2000 was yours? Did I talk with you? So many faces... Your username is familiar but I can't connect it to your car or face
Originally Posted by snmalone
Very nice project thread you have going on here! Was nice talking to you at the euromeet, was impresssed by the long distances you travel all around europe!

Stefan with the yellow S2000 that was parking behind your nice s2k
I remember you and your gorgeous RHD facelift

I met lots of old friends and made new friends in Levico Terme. Give me a shout if you recognised me. I have no idea of your usernames. More Euromeet photos:

The following users liked this post:
Vortexhunter (06-14-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 05:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Third pic, the RhD moonrock with IM - plates. Im the guy with color tattoos on bouth hands :-).

Quick Reply: K3Nguru's S2000