UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

keeping clean

Old 07-29-2001, 11:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with the consensus here - I have been using autoglym products for the last 10 years and cant fault them (But....see later!) On thing I would add tho - I have nat found a more effective tar / oil remover than Autoglym extra gloss protection - it is amazing - much better than all the product I have tried which are supposed to do this job.

The 'but' I alluded too - despite being reall happy with Autoglym products, I have read all about Zaino on the boards, and cant resist trying it - so I have got a $120 orger lined up for collection whilst on my hol's in Florida in a couple of weeks (I have also been invited to visit a guy with a s2k fitted with a supercharger - this I am looking forward too) (my wife cannot believe that I am going to be spending my hol's looking at stooks and filling our luggage with car claning products
Old 07-30-2001, 05:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ditto. autoglyn everything + plexus

s
Old 07-30-2001, 09:59 AM

Originally posted by ianl
(my wife cannot believe that I am going to be spending my hol's looking at stooks and filling our luggage with car claning products

I thought I was bad

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the supercharged Stook

Old 08-01-2001, 02:13 AM

I have just ordered some Zymol from :

http://www.zymol.co.uk/

It costs enuf - but then it is supposed to be the best.

Been using Autoglym for a long time, and was never really that happy.

Old 08-01-2001, 03:43 AM

Just had a look at Zymol....

Are you going for the tub that costs nearly
Old 08-01-2001, 05:57 AM

They do a starter kit (I know -
Old 08-01-2001, 03:09 PM
tnt

Hi Simon,

Our council did exactly the same thing, it sounded like someone was sandblasting the under side of the car and one more for good luck

What do you do about stone chips? I've been using Honda's touchup paint applied carefully with the end of a cocktail stick. This tends to leave the paint a little proud so the use of a fingernail and wax helps get rid of the surplus paint. It's not perfect but stands up to reasonably close scrutiny.

By the way, has anyone tried Swiffer cloths? This was mentioned by one of the US threads and I tried one for the first time tonight. It removed the dust a treat and because they are very thin material, unlike a duster, it's easy to get in all those nooks and crannies: for example the glass over the driver's display and the window switches. My only concern is how good are they at removing finger prints and the like. Also, my hands felt a little greasy after using it so I may find they attract the dust afterwards.

P.S. Got my Muz Mats today - what a differnce they make The Rutland meet helped me decide exactly what I wanted.
Old 08-01-2001, 10:56 PM

On the stone chip subject - do any of you use the films mentioned by the Americans? Sounds like a brilliant idea
Old 08-02-2001, 12:17 AM

Most Impreza P1 owners do the "Armour fend" thing as the paint is so crap.

Take a look over at www.scoobynet.co.uk for info.
Old 08-02-2001, 01:55 PM

What colour mats you go for tnt ?
I got my Muz mats today too... Black with red trim and silver logo... + roof well mat.
They look great ! I almost dont want to tread on them.
I was amazed at how light the package felt.. like they had only put one mat in. I only ordered them on Sunday! - all that way from Australia to England in a few days. Thats impressive !

It was a full day of deliveries for me... I got a PS2 with GT3 this morning too from amazon... spent the evening playing with an mx5, dodge viper and a spoon. joy !

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tnt
[B]
P.S. Got my Muz Mats today - what a differnce they make

Quick Reply: keeping clean