UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Lack of underseal

Old 11-21-2007, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lack of underseal

My 2007 S2K came from Bob Gerards, and hence is a Euro import from Cyprus. I noticed when the car was at CGs that there seemed to be very little underseal under the wheelarches. The car is due it's first service soon, so is it worth raising this with the dealer, or do S2Ks destined for sunny climates get less underseal?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A dealer!!!!

Get on your back and waxoyl it man sheesh were turning into a board of pansies here
Old 11-21-2007, 06:46 AM

Point taken, however if it's not been undersealed properly in the first place, Honda should rectify. Last time waxoyled a car I ended up wearing most of it !!!
Old 11-21-2007, 06:51 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

There is no difference in the underseal between my current car (a Bob Gerard Euro import from cyprus), my previous car (a euro import from Belgium) and a UK supplied car that i had a poke around underneath on the ramps at my dealer.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:01 AM

I used some "trade only" spray on rubber underseal around the the rear wheel arches. Put on three of four coats helps to cut down on noise too.
I then gave all all exposed nuts and bolts and sheet metal joints a coat of clear wax.
I find the spray wax from motor factors has more pressure in the can so doesn't clog up and splutter like waxoil.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:02 AM

Anyone know the deal with JDMs? On some JDM imports you need it undersealing, but I've never heard people talk about it on S2Ks, so maybe they're all the same. However mine's clearly had lots of extra underseal dollopped on, presumably when it was imported in 2001.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dembo,Nov 21 2007, 04:02 PM
Anyone know the deal with JDMs? On some JDM imports you need it undersealing, but I've never heard people talk about it on S2Ks, so maybe they're all the same. However mine's clearly had lots of extra underseal dollopped on, presumably when it was imported in 2001.
My JDM MY00 seems to have loads of it .. looks factory.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Shopman,Nov 21 2007, 04:01 PM
I used some "trade only" spray on rubber underseal around the the rear wheel arches. Put on three of four coats helps to cut down on noise too.
I then gave all all exposed nuts and bolts and sheet metal joints a coat of clear wax.
I find the spray wax from motor factors has more pressure in the can so doesn't clog up and splutter like waxoil.

Any chance of a group buy on that stuff, it looks great.

Note to self: must get out more if underseal is starting to float your boat
Old 11-21-2007, 07:42 AM

Interesting question - my car is also a Cyprus import - bought in Ireland but I'm guessing also sourced from Bob Gerard. I was worried about the underseal also - you've put my mind at ease lower Thanks!
Old 11-21-2007, 07:52 AM

How do they manage to sell cars from Cyprus cheaper? They are more expensive here than in the UK. Do they get them tax free? And if they do can a EU citizen buy tax free? Can I come to the UK and buy a tax free car?

Sorry, don't know about the underseal. I know the cars are identical, so if not undersealed in Cy, it must be done in the UK.

Quick Reply: Lack of underseal