UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

LED style fog/side lights in the faux vents

Old 02-10-2011, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's them Rob, look great I think and I want some for mine also with the yellow lenses... really really really don't like DRL's even when they are factory fit. Just put your sidelights on instead, that's all I do...
Old 02-10-2011, 07:01 AM
B B

A well executed installation could only be an improvement.
What was Honda thinking when they designed-in plastic blanks as if it was the cheapo budget model of a properly equipped version with foglights?
We should be thankful to Mikey and his grilles which at least hide the plastic blobs and make it look as if there are intake grilles in their place.

Go compare with the poverty spec. Mk 3 MX-5s or many other cars whose lower specifications delete such lights, yet retain shaming evidence that the owner could not afford a decent specified version.

Reminds me of when manufacturers supplied fleet versions of mainstream saloon cars. Often no chrome trim or sometimes replaced by black plastic, no radio or, passenger sun visor, vinyl seats and rubber mats rather than carpets on the floor.

Also remember the basic versions of the first 3 Series BMW's that stood out a mile with their black bumpers and back wing mirrors? You looked a right clot behind the wheel as it was so obvious you had bought the badge not the car or your fleet manager was deluded that the car had image and was 'aspirational'.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:19 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Except they are fake braking vents, not empty holes for foglights.

Given the S2000 comes as standard with excellent HID dipped beams - something that was extremely rare in 1999, adding largely pointless foglamps to give the impression of wealth seems rather vulgar.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Feb 10 2011, 08:19 AM
adding largely pointless foglamps to give the impression of wealth seems rather vulgar.
i think its more of a styling thing and to remove the ugly black bits then to add value/wealth to the car,

especially the small yellow jdm style ones
Old 02-10-2011, 07:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For anyone that has removed the front bumper, there was some attampt to make a bracket behind the faux vents as the mouldings are still present.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fog lights seem a bit pointless with the car already being so low at the front.

Does anyone know what wheels those are in the first link?
Old 02-10-2011, 09:06 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

I have 'driving' lights to fit ...... bloody big Hella ones but they're going to go behind the central Mikey grill for protection and to keep them out of sight - don't want to clutter the front of the car up with stuff.

I find the standard lights don't quite illuminate the 'weeds' well enough so things like badgers / rabbits etc don't stand out as much as i'd like on the country back roads at night.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:20 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Do they have those in Milton Keynes?
Old 02-10-2011, 09:25 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by MB,Feb 10 2011, 06:20 PM
Do they have those in Milton Keynes?
Hahaha they do where i live - i'm out in the Boonies as far as MK is concerned Also with being diabetic for 20 years, my night vision is just not what it was
Old 02-10-2011, 11:26 AM

*post edited because I had used the quote button! Sorry rob!*

I think its more of a styling thing and to remove the ugly black bits then to add value/wealth to the car,

especially the small yellow jdm style ones

As I mentioned in another thread, I rather like the idea of some like these:

Rob - I think si was making reference to the post above his, rather than retrofitting in general

UF - I agree. Whenever I'm driving a car with fogs at night on country roads, I use the fogs as well as main beams - Especially near my parents or in some of the Hertfordshire backwaters where the roads merge seamlessly into the mud and ditches.

Quick Reply: LED style fog/side lights in the faux vents