S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   Lets all laugh at Honda prices (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/lets-all-laugh-honda-prices-521530/)

GrittyShaker 08-31-2007 03:51 AM

Lets all laugh at Honda prices

I'm suffering with a slightly heavy and sticking clutch. The FAQ says it's a quick and easy job as detailed here:

[QUOTE]With grease in hand, slave cylinder removed in 5 mins, and a quick tug on release fork (note: release fork
will not come out of gearbox!!). Using a torch and I went ....my god as dry as a bone, no grease to be
seen anywhere. So using a piece of wire (from a coat hanger) I applied grease to the relevent points and attempted to add some to the release bearing guide, but it was very tight and you generally end up doing it blind. I done the best I could and put everything back together and suddenly I had what felt like a brand new clutch. Smooth action when applying the clutch and releasing, its amazing how such a small thing makes driving easier and more pleasurable (yes! it was pissing me off).

So now I am and all it cost was

MB 08-31-2007 03:59 AM

Er, they did mine free and its a 20 min job.

Remove the gearbox??

You need to try a different tack. Go there in person with the TSB printed out, and show it to one of the service guys.

All she has done is lookup the price for a clutch change, or relayed your request incorrectly to one of the service guys.

Bassoctopus 08-31-2007 04:01 AM

Was it Springfield? ;)

Nottm_S2 08-31-2007 04:06 AM

you can do it with a paintbrush can't you?

:iagree: with the above, why can't they have someone who knows a single thing about cars in their customer facing roles.

still if they'd pulled it off that's 1.5k per hour. they could afford me ;)

GrittyShaker 08-31-2007 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bassoctopus,Aug 31 2007, 01:01 PM
Was it Springfield? ;)

:LOL:

Dutton Forshaw actually. I learned my lesson after my service. :D

I'll drop by there tomorrow with the FAQ printed and show them how to do it myself. Just thought I'd share my little telephone call experience with you all. :D

Bassoctopus 08-31-2007 04:13 AM

I have a new Springfield story from this week...

Promised I'd never go back or spend money with them again but my new ATR needs a couple of small warranty jobs done and I didn't have time to get to my usual Honda dealer in Carlisle.

We've only had it 3 weeks so I told the service guy he'd need to check with Lincoln Honda before doing any work, but I just needed the work confirmed so we could set the warranty work in motion, or if anything wasn't covered I could chase the supplying dealer. 15 minutes I thought.

So I went in and gave him the following info -

1. Heater control sticking
2. drivers headlamp not levelling
3. Gearbox needs new oil as it's groaning at junctions. I'd prefer Lincoln to cover that cost, but I'm not going to fall out over

Kiwi-S2000 08-31-2007 04:15 AM

I agree take the picture from the forum showing what needs doing. Try and see someone in Honda that knows what they are doing.

As well as greasing the clutch ball joint thingy I would highly recommend getting the clutch fliud changed at the same time.

Fix price clutch Fluid change is

Ste_Nova 08-31-2007 07:13 AM

diy :thumbup:

you don't need ramps!

markS2kcU 08-31-2007 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ste_Nova,Aug 31 2007, 04:13 PM

you don't need ramps!

Wow, you must be really thin. :LOL:

GrittyShaker 08-31-2007 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ste_Nova,Aug 31 2007, 04:13 PM

you don't need ramps!

Please explain? How easy is it to get to without ramps? Any photos? :D

I am keen to give it a go myself as it sounds simple enough. Unfortunately there aren't any pictures in the FAQ for me to judge whether I'm capable or not. :)