UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Liam-R S2000 build diary - Fast Road Car Build.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, not done much since my last update but today was the start... only had 6 hours on the car today as I've been helping a friend with his RX7 restoration and single turbo conversion over the past few months so been quite busy with that.

Started off giving her a clean as I didn't want to work on a dirty car...

Got the front end apart (glad I had an air gun for the front cross member)

Decided to get rid of the A/C and air pump. Not sure how this will affect the car with the turbo conversion? Guessing a lot of people delete it anyway? Anyone shed any light on this?

That's pretty much it for today... Disconnected and labelled a few sensors/pipes. Got to do a bit more research now on removing the engine, gearbox and the entire underneath (subframes etc)

Any info/tips and tricks would be handy.

Cheers.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:21 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice! that turbo is huge! good job you went for a twin scroll i spy in pics!
Old 02-28-2015, 11:28 AM

Yes sir

It is a beast. I couldnt believe the size when it arrived.

Yeah gone for a twin scroll manifold and twin scroll turbo with a billet compressor wheel, hopefully a little less lag
Old 02-28-2015, 11:49 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Good luck with it mate, personally I think you have ruined it and turned it into a caricature car but that's just me.

At the end of the day you know what you want to do to it and are focused in getting it done, as I say good luck.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by tozerman
Good luck with it mate, personally I think you have ruined it and turned it into a caricature car but that's just me.

At the end of the day you know what you want to do to it and are focused in getting it done, as I say good luck.
No worries bud, everyone is entitled to their own opinions...

The wheels will be getting changed and it will be getting raised a bit more too. I've tried the "stance" thing and it just doesn't work for me living somewhere that has huge speed humps to get in and out.

I see s2000's at shows etc, and they all look the same. Same wheels, same mods. There is the odd 1 or 2 that are a bit different and worth looking at if you have already seen a standard s2000.

Just want to try something different and challenge myself at the same time
Old 03-01-2015, 03:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LiamR
Originally Posted by tozerman' timestamp='1425199760' post='23523119

I see s2000's at shows etc, and they all look the same. Same wheels, same mods. There is the odd 1 or 2 that are a bit different and worth looking at if you have already seen a standard s2000.

Exactly, everyone does the same mods (if any, and including myself) so it's great to see a whole load of commitment and thought to into an ever evolving S2K - even if it isn't to everyone's taste.

Good luck with it and looking forward to seeing it a touch higher on RPF01s.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by rhauri
Originally Posted by LiamR' timestamp='1425211690' post='23523210
[quote name='tozerman' timestamp='1425199760' post='23523119']

Exactly, everyone does the same mods (if any, and including myself) so it's great to see a whole load of commitment and thought to into an ever evolving S2K - even if it isn't to everyone's taste.

[/quote]

Cheers dude, yeah I think it will be some RPF01's with more height.

I saw a set of Jap spec (5x114.3) BBS LM's on ebay the other day, they were asking £2800! So it seems silly not to sell them on lol.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rhauri
Originally Posted by LiamR' timestamp='1425211690' post='23523210
[quote name='tozerman' timestamp='1425199760' post='23523119']

[/quote]
I think the mods you do are to enhance your goals, if it's performance then you need performance biased mods.If it's a show car then it's to look good.I don't really care what mine looks like as long as it's clean and it looks reasonably ok.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:22 AM

Agreed Mr Pitts.

Each to their own and all that.. but since owning a vtec turbo swapped charade GTti, I feel that my s2000 is a bit sluggish. Vtec and a turbo was an amazing experience so hopefully this will be even better.

I have never been in a boosted s2000, but I have a feeling (from being a fanboy and watching youtube videos) that its something I will enjoy (except the fuel bills)
Old 03-01-2015, 10:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Turbo fuel consumption isn't too bad, off boost I can get 30-35.

Quick Reply: Liam-R S2000 build diary - Fast Road Car Build.