UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Locating/cleaning roof drainage hole

Old 11-30-2015, 04:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locating/cleaning roof drainage hole

I've read forum posts and seen some images of where this hole is supposed to come out under the car. I can't for the life of me find the bloomin thing. I'd like to make sure it's clear of any gunk for winter.

I feel like it's probably easy to find and I'm just being totally blind. That said..

Does anyone have a real 'idiots guide' for this please? Does one need to remove the wheel to get access? Is it easier to poke something down from the top hole downwards?
Old 11-30-2015, 04:55 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm pretty sure Loftust did a DIY on this with clear pics to show where the tubes come out (just infront of the rear wheels), I can't find it for the life of me though.

I'll keep looking.

A pic here I think, but there was more detailed thread he kindly did.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/872649-leak-in-boot/
Old 11-30-2015, 05:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Funnily enough I meant to do this last weekend.

Here is Loftust's "how to": https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/872649-leak-in-boot/

Finding the hole is the easy part, its knowing what to do with it to get the desired effect which is the challenge. Giggity
Old 11-30-2015, 05:17 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefifth

Here is Loftust's "how to": https://www.s2ki.com/...9-leak-in-boot/

Finding the hole is the easy part, its knowing what to do with it to get the desired effect which is the challenge. Giggity
Indeed. I rammed a coat-hanger up mine and it worked a treat!
Old 11-30-2015, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by CynicG
Originally Posted by mikefifth' timestamp='1448892053' post='23815626

Here is Loftust's "how to": https://www.s2ki.com/...9-leak-in-boot/

Indeed. I rammed a coat-hanger up mine and it worked a treat!
Coat-hangers are great for removing unwanted things from tight places. In the past I used a mixture of chemicals and gravity to do the dirty work....
Old 11-30-2015, 05:57 AM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I worked some water through mine with a hose, then tried soap to follow. Not sure how much dirt was removed but I'd really like to get a big bottle brush up there to give it a proper clean.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:19 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RichwiththeS2000
I've read forum posts and seen some images of where this hole is supposed to be.... I can't for the life of me find the bloomin thing. I'd like to make sure it's clear of any gunk for winter.

I feel like it's probably easy to find and I'm just being totally blind. That said..

Does anyone have a real 'idiots guide' for this please? Does one need to remove the wheel to get access? Is it easier to poke something down from the top hole downwards?

Wait, are we still talking about the S2000 or the female of the species? Reading the thread thinking of the latter makes me lol.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:24 AM

Just one this myself, drained about 1 pint from each hole

Below is a picture detailing where the hole is, please ignore state of arch as its cold and wet and im lazy.

Directly behind metal divided which I have marked with red splodge this is where the drain is. I have marked a blue splodge on its rough height.

Put your hand flat against the back of the metal divided with your finger tips touching the inner arch and run hand up, you will feel a rubber hose type hole thing, this is it.

You cant see drain hole looking into arch with wheels on, you need to use you fingers to locate the D-spot.

Penetrate hole and make the car squirt.

Old 12-01-2015, 11:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you got a pint from each hole? I must be doing it all wrong as I only get a dribble..
Old 12-01-2015, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by S2K-Phil
you got a pint from each hole? I must be doing it all wrong as I only get a dribble..
Phil, why do you complain when we make age jokes but keep setting them up so perfectly?

Quick Reply: Locating/cleaning roof drainage hole