UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

looking for advice on importing from europe

Old 05-03-2001, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I would like to get an S2000 and am looking into importing one myself from europe.

Does anyone have any experience doing this or any advice to offer?

I'm looking at Belgium. Does anyone have any better suggestions of countries to try - or, better still, dealer recommends?

thanks!
Old 05-03-2001, 08:35 AM

Belgium is probably the best place to import from. I imported my car via Belgium. I used a company called mol motors , the contact name there is Patrick Vandercruys, if you contact them please mention my name as I may go back next year for a new car for the wife, I found them very helpful all the way through the prcess. www.molmotors.be

Also, when you've ordered the car and its ready for collection give Walon UK a call www.walon.co.uk
Old 05-03-2001, 08:46 AM

I imported mine from Belgium also, if you buy a copy of Autocar magazine there is an ad within the Honda sales section at the back for a website, trans-euro.com I think, I filled in a request for a quote and the dealer mailed me direct, a M.Chikhi, I then dealt with her directly, had a little bit of paperwork to fill in, but didn't pay any import agents costs. Definitely worth it, I saved around
Old 05-03-2001, 08:52 AM

Thanks for this information.

Ross, I am interested in the information. And did you order full uk spec?

Also, it looks like they have other colour choices from the very 80's red, silver, black selection. Presumably I could order one of those?

As for the prices, am I right in thinking that to the price they quote me I should add 17.5 % vat,
Old 05-03-2001, 02:44 PM

I have also imported from Belgium.I used a dealer in Ostend, which is only 5 minutes from the ferry port, so easier to get the car back.

The dealer, Garage Casier, spoke excellent English, and their phone no is 059 80 21 66.

I got a blue car, but when I picked it up in March, they said they could now get yellow as well.
Old 05-04-2001, 04:08 AM

I did get full UK spec, and at the time the dealer had 6 or 7 S2000's waiting for customers in the UK. Apparently 90% of their custom was to the UK. They only offered the usual red, silver, black but this was June or July last year I think.
As for prices, they gave it to me in Euro's as well as Belgium francs with a current exchange rate, and had shown me what the VAT would be and yes the only other costs are the road tax
Old 05-04-2001, 04:49 AM

I am waiting for my new car. I bought it from Derek Warwick Honda Winchester.

It is Monte Carlo blue.

UK ordered cars are now using a wider selection of colours.

The merits of UK vs Europe is a different matter. I probably would have gone import but the other half (And me too) preferred no hassles and I got a reasonable trade-in on my 1st S2K.

Go and buy one and enjoy it to the full.

Regards,
S.
Old 05-05-2001, 09:08 AM

JonnyTurbo

The email address of the owner of the dealer in Brussels is m.chikhi@skynet.be.
They address is East Center Meiser N.V, 673 Ch.de Louvain, 1030 Brussels.
They also have a website http://www.honda-meiser.com.

I visited them before parting with my deposit to make sure I was happy with them, and saw the cars they already had, then all my dealings were done via email to Madame Chikhi, who I think is the owners wife, or Susi Acosta, both of which were very helpful.

I have a full UK spec car, even my local dealer couldn't tell it was an import until I told them.

Ross
Old 05-07-2001, 12:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Johnny,

I have a 4 week old S2k imported from France. The provcess is straight forward enough. The only dofference between cars quoted as UK sprec. on the continent and cars from UK main agents are they lack a cat 1 alarm and locking wheel nuts (both added by dealers in UK.

One little thing to be aware of tho - this one nearly caught me out.....when you get the car registered in uk you need to visit your local Honda dealer with the bill of sale, certificate of conformity, service book (showing a completed pre-delivery inspection) and the registration document, and ask then to arrange for the warantee to be registered in UK. There is no probem with this process - you just need to know that you have to do it.

Hope this helps you on your way to an S2K - I doubt that you will regret it

All the best

Ian