Looking to buy - advice - Page 2 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Notices
UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Looking to buy - advice

Old 07-29-2017, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by RobinA3 View Post
I wouldn't say it's a bargain at £4K. With the mileage in mind and the epically bad rust that is present I would say it would be a bargain if it was £2.5k.

That rust is really bad and it's a big job to sort that out, I would say it's a good £800-900 to get that arch done properly if not more.

problem is you guys are spoiled in uk with car prices... same s2000 here in netherlands goes for 15-20k euro! Same goes for buying s2000 anywhere else in the world. (my NZ s2000 cost me 22k nzd 2 years ago)
to be honest these cheap s2000 will run out soon as nobody is fixing these minor cosmetic issues and just scraps them for parts...or just rips engine out of them for some stupid hobby car project. (like that suzuka blue on uk ebay selling without engine and gearbox because dude used it for some stupid westfield kit car)
this kind of shit is very sad to see...
Old 08-02-2017, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by RobinA3 View Post
I wouldn't say it's a bargain at £4K. With the mileage in mind and the epically bad rust that is present I would say it would be a bargain if it was £2.5k.

That rust is really bad and it's a big job to sort that out, I would say it's a good £800-900 to get that arch done properly if not more.
Agreed. I have recently spent £2.5k sorting out rear arches.

OP - The below link is an insight into what could be lurking
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-irela...rches-1172393/
Old 08-03-2017, 12:00 AM

Have a look on pistonheads.co.uk for cars. There are lots on there. Rus is a big no no in my eyes. Once it's set in you're forever chasing it!
Old 08-04-2017, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Liam701 View Post
Have a look on pistonheads.co.uk for cars. There are lots on there. Rus is a big no no in my eyes. Once it's set in you're forever chasing it!
i would look for mechanicaly sound s2000...you can cut out small patch of rust and repaint car (yes its never going to be concourse car) but you cannot easily fix f20c that has been oil starved or not maintained. i would take cosmetic issues over bad engine in s2000 any day...
Old 08-09-2017, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by miloking View Post
i would look for mechanicaly sound s2000...you can cut out small patch of rust and repaint car (yes its never going to be concourse car) but you cannot easily fix f20c that has been oil starved or not maintained. i would take cosmetic issues over bad engine in s2000 any day...
You could spend the same money if not more on repairing rust over a replacement engine, for it to reappear at some point! Personally I'd take a mechanical fix over a bodywork issue any day!!!
Old Yesterday, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Liam701 View Post
You could spend the same money if not more on repairing rust over a replacement engine, for it to reappear at some point! Personally I'd take a mechanical fix over a bodywork issue any day!!!
You must have some horrible bodyshop experiences or something...Have you seen what used f20c goes for? Thats without the labour to put it in... i think you can buy whole s2000 chassis without engine just for parts much cheaper.