UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Lowering springs

Old 02-21-2014, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering springs

Guys I know this has been asked before, I have googled it and have found lots of pictures but there don't seem to be many comparable before and after pics.

I'm looking at lowering my car and am considering springs fort he time being as coilovers are a little out of my budget. I'll be looking to go coilovers eventually though but not till next year. Unless I can get hold of some used ones for a reasonable price.

Why I'm after is pictures on aftermarket 17"s before and after lowering and what springs were used.

Cheers guys
Old 02-21-2014, 11:49 AM

I am getting koni sport dampers on my car with stock springs. From the research I've done I should get a drop of about 20mm. This is on the top perch setting. Cost was £500 for the dampers and they are highly rated by the guys on here.

A cheaper option to Coilovers and they have adjustable damping. Maybe worth considering. S2k nut did a great write up when he put koni's on his.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Theheff
Guys I know this has been asked before, I have googled it and have found lots of pictures but there don't seem to be many comparable before and after pics.

I'm looking at lowering my car and am considering springs fort he time being as coilovers are a little out of my budget. I'll be looking to go coilovers eventually though but not till next year. Unless I can get hold of some used ones for a reasonable price.

Why I'm after is pictures on aftermarket 17"s before and after lowering and what springs were used.

Cheers guys
I have after pictures but no before... if that is helpful; car is sitting on HKS SF5's will add some pictures of stance tomorrow after a clean !
Old 02-21-2014, 01:54 PM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Before

H&R springs

just after (same day) 20mile

Couple of months in

Old 02-21-2014, 02:02 PM

It's probably not what you want to hear but I'd recommend a little patience and getting coilovers.
My BC ones were a reasonable price have adjustable dampening as well as the obvious lowering ability.
They feel great, and they're black and gold!!!
It seems like you're considering coilies for the future so you may as well go straight to them rather than buying springs and then coilies.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:21 PM

Received 343 Likes on 320 Posts

Thought about putting D2 ones on<not a direct fit btw> of the
<<<mc2 but harsh and not good reviews Bc any better ?
have levelling control.so lttle extra work needed also fitting eibach F25/R30 mm drop
HR they say 25mm F&B .
nice stance with the H&R keeping the rear up, apart from the all round drop thus correct under/over steer characteristics as oem

Sure they are H&R ?
Blue on the larkspeed site and are progresive type spring yours look linear
Old 02-21-2014, 11:11 PM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by noodels
Thought about putting D2 ones on<not a direct fit btw> of the
<<<mc2 but harsh and not good reviews Bc any better ?
have levelling control.so lttle extra work needed also fitting eibach F25/R30 mm drop
HR they say 25mm F&B .
nice stance with the H&R keeping the rear up, apart from the all round drop thus correct under/over steer characteristics as oem

Sure they are H&R ?
Blue on the larkspeed site and are progresive type spring yours look linear

Yeah defo H&R I think they are the sport spring, Nut bought them with his Koni shocker's but kept the OEM springs so he will be able to give you more info, I prefer the rake rather than the arse down stance, all IMO of cause
Old 02-22-2014, 03:41 AM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Eibach are a firm favourite for budget lowering (around £200). Nice easy job to fit and good reward. Keeps you the right side of needing bump steer kits and rack spacers etc.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:44 AM

I'm thinking eibach, some pictures I've seen the drop looks spot on, others look a little higher. Not sure wether it is down to what version of the car/suspension is being used. Or maybe it's the angles of the photos?

Plus they have a good rep so they should be easier to sell on when I go coilovers if I do.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After.

Eibachs are a better ride than the oe springs imo. The drop is isnt massive, it's sensible though, looks good and no issues at all. Very good ride quality.

17 orginals wheels.

Quick Reply: Lowering springs