Master cylinder bleed kit - Page 2 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Master cylinder bleed kit

Old 05-09-2018, 10:54 AM

Watching this thread with interest.i think I might have an air bubble trapped somewhere, the yanks are really into reverse bleeding, you can buy kits for about £50, a cheap syringe should do the same job. Keen to see how you get on.
good luck...
Old 05-09-2018, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by tozerman View Post
Watching this thread with interest.i think I might have an air bubble trapped somewhere, the yanks are really into reverse bleeding, you can buy kits for about £50, a cheap syringe should do the same job. Keen to see how you get on.
good luck...
I just use a large animal syringe from the vets cost a couple of quid then a piece of rubber tube to connect to the bleed nipple, don't know about the yanks but it's something i've being doing for over 40yrs shown to me by an old guy at college while doing my city and guilds, it's got me outta the shit a fair few times and i always bleed clutches this way as they are a bitch for trapped air. but if non of this works then the next step is checking for excessive movement on a caliper i had this after fitting a reconditioned caliper on mine took me ages to suss it out but rubber seal was flexing to much and returning the piston further than it should so when you pressed the pedal it had to travel further to engage the piston on the pad
Old 05-10-2018, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave View Post
I just use a large animal syringe from the vets cost a couple of quid then a piece of rubber tube to connect to the bleed nipple, don't know about the yanks but it's something i've being doing for over 40yrs shown to me by an old guy at college while doing my city and guilds, it's got me outta the shit a fair few times and i always bleed clutches this way as they are a bitch for trapped air. but if non of this works then the next step is checking for excessive movement on a caliper i had this after fitting a reconditioned caliper on mine took me ages to suss it out but rubber seal was flexing to much and returning the piston further than it should so when you pressed the pedal it had to travel further to engage the piston on the pad
Thanks for the tips Ray, the calipers are all new, (although the rears are from Brakes Int and are a bit shit TBH)
I'm going to the Ring in a couple of weeks so may well give this a chance before I go

Stupid question Ray, what size syringe ? if I go too small then it could empty before I finish each corner !!

Last edited by tozerman; 05-10-2018 at 04:17 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by tozerman View Post
Thanks for the tips Ray, the calipers are all new, (although the rears are from Brakes Int and are a bit shit TBH)
I'm going to the Ring in a couple of weeks so may well give this a chance before I go

Stupid question Ray, what size syringe ? if I go too small then it could empty before I finish each corner !!
I have always used a 60ml and found it to be ok but a 150ml should be plenty, a couple of quid on ebay, mine calipers were new but the fluid sealing rubber to the piston which also retracts the piston slightly to stop binding were too baggy and were causing it to retract too much, if you get someone to press the brake and watch the caliper it should move slightly if it moves about a lot then there is a problem as more movement equates to more pedal travel

Last edited by Daytona-Dave; 05-10-2018 at 06:19 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave View Post
I have always used a 60ml and found it to be ok but a 150ml should be plenty, a couple of quid on ebay, mine calipers were new but the fluid sealing rubber to the piston which also retracts the piston slightly to stop binding were too baggy and were causing it to retract too much, if you get someone to press the brake and watch the caliper it should move slightly if it moves about a lot then there is a problem as more movement equates to more pedal travel

mine were new calipers but the sealing rubbers had to much flex
Cheers Ray
Old 05-12-2018, 05:32 AM

I have tried loads of methods of bleeding clutches and brakes. The easiest and least messy solution i found was to use an air compressor and a vacuum bleed kit.

I know not everyone has a compressor but if they do then this is by far one of the most useful tools you can use.

Amazon Amazon

Dont bothered with a hand help bleeder they are crap and make a right mess! Rays method is basically doing the same thing but i quite like being able to hook up the vacuum bleeder and get on with some other things while it bleeds the fluid. Especially great on caliper and hose changes where lots of air gets into the system.
Old Today, 05:49 AM

tried this today with one of these

https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Produ...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

i would say find a better part, that leaks like a ****er. had to take it slow because of that but definite improvement. Cheers Ray
Old Today, 06:39 AM

I nearly bought one of those Sealey syringes from Amazon but most reviews were shit.

So I took Ray's advice and got a cheap 150ml plastic version instead.

I super glued some plastic tubing to the nozzle and on each nipple I fitted a cable tie (very tightly) to keep it on under pressure.

what I hadn't expected was how much force was needed to pump the fluid in from the nipple, logically the hole in the nipple is tiny so should have expected it.
Anyway literally just finished it, took it round the block and I think I've cracked it .
Run out of time today so will take it to work tomorrow to see if it really has been successful.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service