UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

MB Goes Racing - Season 3

Old 12-21-2013, 12:05 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default MB Goes Racing - Season 3

Just a bit of an update for next year.

Some of the car related weaknesses from last year are being ironed out, with things like slow / med corner oversteer, fuel surge on left handers, gearing etc.

On the handling front we're on R888 this year which i'm pleased about, but i'm also getting my Nitrons re-valved and changed to R3 spec, and softer springs. The extra adjustment will confuse the hell out of me but there's good adjustment for grip basically, whilst not affecting the rebound.

Gearing wise i've picked up a 4.56 diff and Andy has put my Kaaz LSD in there.

To prevent fuel surge i've been in touch with Radium in the US who do a really nice kit. This should help protect the engine and also allow running even lower fuel levels, and therefore less weight I had some starvation issues with even 1/3 tank at Rockingham on the left handers, and as Spa is on the menu this year I don't want that again.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/106...k-install-kit/

Driver related weaknesses will be severely beaten out of me

Old 12-21-2013, 01:07 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

Sounds good, you were pretty pissed off with the car at Rockingham I thought

Saw a fifth gear episode where they took a GT3 round there in 1'30, what were your times (in traffic)
Old 12-21-2013, 01:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Been waiting for this thread!

Hope you wont miss too many races this season
Old 12-21-2013, 01:37 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Will read with interest. If it's not a secret, what are your old and new spring rates and why are you going softer?

Very jealous that you are racing at Spa, that will be awesome.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:53 AM
MB

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
Sounds good, you were pretty pissed off with the car at Rockingham I thought

Saw a fifth gear episode where they took a GT3 round there in 1'30, what were your times (in traffic)
Yep Rocky was very frustrating. My fastest lap was 1:35 and race winner was 1:32 to give to an idea. I was putting in 6th fastest lap times from 13. I want to be at the sharp end this year.

Originally Posted by WinFreak
Been waiting for this thread!

Hope you wont miss too many races this season
I will make only Silverstone and Spa with VTEC but should be at 3 or 4 races with Tin Tops Silverstone will be on Motors tv.

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Will read with interest. If it's not a secret, what are your old and new spring rates and why are you going softer?

Very jealous that you are racing at Spa, that will be awesome.
I can PM you those if you like Si, but they are only a touch softer than before. I use quite stiff ARBs and I'm finding it better to leave them to preventing roll and get more compliance in the suspension. Especially with the weight of the car now, it doesn't need mega stiff. Geo will be the same other than a slight toe tweak to get it to turn in a bit better.

Yup Spa is a dream for me! Just hope it's dry
Old 12-21-2013, 03:42 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

I think the new Carrera 4s did 1'33 something, was the quickest one of those original CTRs? They weigh nothing (and would be my choice based on my skill level/lack of)
Old 12-21-2013, 04:01 AM
MB

DC5, but yep there was an EG Civic which was v close.

There's quite a few configurations at Rockingham though, so depends which 5th Gear used. They normally use the same as we race on. Prob a standing start too.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:06 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Looking forward to this thread - S3. A bit of a cr@p comment but are you still promoting DMS after all the posts recently?
Old 12-21-2013, 09:34 PM
MB

Nope, stickers are off G. Dixon was always great to me but under the circumstances, and as DMS are no more...
Old 12-21-2013, 11:51 PM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by MB
Nope, stickers are off G. Dixon was always great to me but under the circumstances, and as DMS are no more...
What are you going to do about brakes this season, presumably Dixcels are no longer an option?

Quick Reply: MB Goes Racing - Season 3