UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Mobile bath

Old 01-01-2018, 07:36 AM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Mobile bath

Like many I have experienced the famous boot well bath feature! I suspect the small strips above the boot lid need taken off and new sealant applied. The S is off the road now for the winter so a bit of underbody cleaning and sealing will get done.

Please note the good old Fairy bottle to empty the water.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:33 AM

Received 623 Likes on 545 Posts

At least you caught it early!
Old 01-02-2018, 12:09 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you checked the soft top drain tubes? This could also be a cause for the boot pond.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:22 AM

Received 71 Likes on 61 Posts

Has anyone had a new boot well fabricated and welded in.? I was not as fortunate as you in catching it so early, although I seem too have now stopped the rot with a generous dose of K-Rust.

I dread to think how much Honda would charge to replace it.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:36 AM

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts

I had water in the boot - inches! I did a search and found this https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-un...cs-fix-465581/

So I had a local car body shop to remove the bumper and put loads of silicone around the cutout for the boot vent. That was in August. I have left the lining boot lining unclipped and I lift to check after heavy rain. Still bone dry.

Finding boot leaks are very difficult. Body shops typically get in the boot, close it and have somebody hose the car down. The S2000 boot is too small. However I used my sony wifi camera and the play memories app on my phone. Placed the camera in the boot with a work light. Closed the lid and watched for any leaks on the phone.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by senninha1994
Have you checked the soft top drain tubes? This could also be a cause for the boot pond.
Cheers Mark but they are regularly checked
Old 01-03-2018, 12:42 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Drop water on the back of the roof Sam (back window and where it curves) and watch in the boot over the rear wheel arches, there's a small seal above the roof gutter (?) that can get worn. If nothing comes in then most other things are well documented on here; vent, rear light seals, drain tubes, etc.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:28 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish TuneR
Drop water on the back of the roof Sam (back window and where it curves) and watch in the boot over the rear wheel arches, there's a small seal above the roof gutter (?) that can get worn. If nothing comes in then most other things are well documented on here; vent, rear light seals, drain tubes, etc.
Could you say some more abouta leak in the boot associated to rear light seals?? I think this may be my culprit - I have 1 rear light which gets fogged up with condensation, and also the 'carpet' in the boot immediately behind that light shows signs of getting wet.

Is the the likely culpret a seal on the light unit, that somehow allows water in/through to the boot is is there another seal that might have gone??
Old 01-03-2018, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Irish TuneR

Thanks Ger, plan to fit a new soft top over the winter aswell so plenty of opportunities to check all arts and parts. The preps for another Euromeet are starting early! Lol
Old 01-03-2018, 09:12 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by S2Bray
Could you say some more abouta leak in the boot associated to rear light seals?? I think this may be my culprit - I have 1 rear light which gets fogged up with condensation, and also the 'carpet' in the boot immediately behind that light shows signs of getting wet.

Is the the likely culprit a seal on the light unit, that somehow allows water in/through to the boot is is there another seal that might have gone??
That is common on old NSXs - they have a lot of light seal - so it wouldn't be entirely surprising if it affects older S2000s.

Quick Reply: Mobile bath