UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

more 0 to 60 more power more speed how do i do it

Old 11-29-2001, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more 0 to 60 more power more speed how do i do it

Hi uk owners.
I have had an s2000 for about a year now and this is my first thread................this question is probabaly a common one but having not visited this site before i wouldn't know.

I love my car and dont want to change yet......it is truely awesome but i wold like to give it a little more poke without changing the car too much......question is how do i do it......kits, chips,,,,,,how and what sort of performence difference will they have...........if anone could advise please do......

Cheers.

Chris
Old 11-29-2001, 12:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have a look/search in the 'Under the Hood' forum.

The F20C is already in a high state of tune, so you won't get much power unless you go for forced induction.
If you're wanting to stay NA, then things like the Mugen or Spoon Manifolds are worth looking at. Not cheap by any means though. IMHO most of the tuning for the S2000 is making small changes to the feel and character of the car, rather than big differences. Exhausts are mostly for looks and sound (only a few make power.). Headers change the power/torque curves, with different designs offering benefits in different RPM ranges.

Try some searching with words like: 'header dyno cai turbo supercharger', and you'll find enough threads to keep you going for a while

-Brian.
Old 11-29-2001, 01:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep in mind the effect that some of these mods could have on your warranty too, not to mention your insurance premium!
Old 11-29-2001, 01:39 PM

I was pretty suprised to see that the K&N filter actually dynoed less than the OEM filter recently, I think this shows how good the stock setup Honda supplied is

Like Brian said short of FA it seems there is very little you can do (without laying out
Old 11-29-2001, 01:42 PM

I still fancy a CAI. Have you tried yours with the air box lid off yet Red?
Old 11-29-2001, 01:50 PM

Nope, I've not had chance to "scare the children" as Paul put it yet
Old 11-29-2001, 02:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Tifosi Red

Brian - are you still as happy with those Denso plugs now your other problem is sorted out?

Sacrilege! I've NGK Iriway 8 Irdium Plugs! (Hehe. Same time of idea - Iridum plugs, but much harder to get.)

And yes, I'm as happy as I was before. I've recently changed the gap and got things even more to my liking. Biker1 also has the same plugs, and he noticed the benefits first - with no reported problems on his car beforehand.

-Brian.
Old 11-29-2001, 02:42 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tifosi Red
[B]Nope, I've not had chance to "scare the children"
Old 11-29-2001, 02:49 PM

Steve:

I took the cover off but I don't like that whistle on tickover! I removed the plastic beak in front of the rad during air horn install and the improved throttle response is so good I haven't put it back, and I don't get the whistle!
Old 11-29-2001, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
Steve:

I took the cover off but I don't like that whistle on tickover! I removed the plastic beak in front of the rad during air horn install and the improved throttle response is so good I haven't put it back, and I don't get the whistle!

That whistle is quite intrusive

Quick Reply: more 0 to 60 more power more speed how do i do it