UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

More drivel from Driven

Old 11-28-2001, 03:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson

Trust me.. I've been out in a 355 F1 Spyder with the top down. It is the most glorious sound that will ever assault your ears!

I missed Driven BTW but I usually respect what Plaito has to say. I don't think he's a big Ferrari fan!
My time will come

I too think Plaito can drive a bit and for sure he is normally OK on his reviews... Last night though they didn't have him doing the driving - they may as well have had Maureen Rees at the wheel, the guy on the track only got within 6' of an apex by blind chance
Old 11-28-2001, 04:05 AM

TVR...and a new engine will set you back...

Often.
Old 11-28-2001, 04:08 AM

For my brother-in-law's 30th Birthday we got him the following:

Ferrari Experience:

3-4 laps driving a
Old 11-28-2001, 05:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was quite amusing in some ways. Going round the track was quite informative IMHO. Since it was a muppet driving you got an idea what potential there was in the car, rather than a pro hanging the back out for the cameras.

Ferrari - he didn't seem to get the car. Still, if I bought a Ferrari I prefer the F355. Cedric: I've had a passenger ride, roof down in a F355 Spider, and also in a Berlinetta. Great sound, but I prefered the Berlinetta. I could feel the chassis flex on the Spider from the passenger seat!

Porsche - PSM seemed to round of the edges of a rubbish driver very well. A great model for that kind of system. I'm sure the Porsche is quickest, but I don't think it would suit me.

TVR Tuscan - I'm suprised he didn't spin Showed some good ability, but really showed that you need to be a decent drive to get good results out of the car. Call me a nutter, but I would actually consider an older second hand TVR once the worst depreciation and most the niggles are gone.

It's a shame the Noble wasn't in the main test. It would have been very interesting watching it on the track. I think it would might have wupped the TVR.

The state of car coverage on TV is such that I'd call it heckle TV. I only watch to poor scorn at the prats

-Brian.
Old 11-28-2001, 05:59 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bmarshall
[B]
Ferrari - he didn't seem to get the car.
Old 11-28-2001, 06:07 AM

Top Gear magazine has a great article about a trip to the Nurburg ring with a Noble, Elise and I think it was a Porsche or BMW (can't recall).

Still sounds like an interesting day out....
Old 11-28-2001, 06:17 AM

Originally posted by bmarshall
TVR Tuscan ..............
Do you know what wheels were on that Tuscan? I think they'd look incredible on an s2k! I've been trying to find out since the program...........
Old 11-28-2001, 06:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by bmarshall
Call me a nutter, but I would actually consider an older second hand TVR once the worst depreciation and most the niggles are gone.

Nutter

I had the exact same item on my "what to buy" short-list in July but decided I couldn't afford to keep the mechanic on stand-by 24x7

Pete
Old 11-28-2001, 07:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Eddie Irvine taking some poor lady journo aroud Fiorano in a F355
Yes - I can see that that has all the right ingredients for some fun!
Old 11-28-2001, 07:02 AM

Just for the record Jason Plato has a silver 996 Turbo and I believe his registration no is P1ATO.....

Quick Reply: More drivel from Driven