UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

My 1999 JDM AP1

Old 10-16-2016, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my new Braided lines

new discs

Front and rear slotted stoptech discs fitted

The old calipers were past it. Badly pitted and worn seals. So 2 refurbished calipers on the front. The rears had previously been done. The only headache was on of the calipers hadn't been threaded correctly during refurbishment and the braided line would screw in. It was swapped staight away by the supplier.

I also took the carbon lorraine pads out. I'll keep them for track days. So I put new oem pads in for road use. New 5.1 fluid pushed throughout
Old 10-16-2016, 12:17 PM

gave it a bit of a wash

Picked up new wheels today. Enkei pf01 wrapped in yokohama a048r rubber. it looks like a landrover as it hasn't settled after fitting....

The car still needs to settle. But there's a few nice little touches to the wheels.

The next step is to probably look at turbo or supercharging... I don't want to lower the car as the roads where I live are crap. It needs a fair bit of clearance. Ill try and keep this thread up to date as I go. It seems weird putting a year of ownership into one post.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:35 PM

Fair play, a nice write up and a lot of effort put into your car! Liking the new wheels! Regards that limited mileage policy, I was of the belief it had to be 20yrs plus to get classical insurance?
Old 10-17-2016, 08:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ditto, great write-up and a lovely looking car, especially with the new wheels!
Did you measure the drop of the eibachs you took out? As I'm reading through, I'm thinking, "that looks really nice and low, toying with the idea of some lows myself, see how he gets on with it that low", next post, out they come lol!
Old 10-18-2016, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by meaths2k
Fair play, a nice write up and a lot of effort put into your car! Liking the new wheels! Regards that limited mileage policy, I was of the belief it had to be 20yrs plus to get classical insurance?
15 years on certain cars with some insurance companies. 20 years is the rule of thumb with most though. Best off ringing around.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by GC84
Ditto, great write-up and a lovely looking car, especially with the new wheels!
Did you measure the drop of the eibachs you took out? As I'm reading through, I'm thinking, "that looks really nice and low, toying with the idea of some lows myself, see how he gets on with it that low", next post, out they come lol!
I measured it at the time but I can't remember. I think it was 50mm, but I could be completely wrong
Old 12-30-2016, 03:13 PM

Took out the one piece mats and replaced the with the two piece oem's. I've never spent so much on a set of car mats.

Then took it for a burn before putting it back into storage. You'd miss the petrol goodness over the winter....
Old 12-31-2016, 08:26 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

Nice write up!

Just to save other readers the trouble:

"Craic" (/kræk/ KRAK) or "crack" is a term for news, gossip, fun, entertainment, and enjoyable conversation, particularly prominent in Ireland. It is often used with the definite article – the craic – as in the expression "What's the craic?" (meaning "How are you?" or "What's happening?").

-- Chuck
Old 04-01-2017, 11:49 AM

18 years old today, so taken back out of storage for the summer

Old 04-06-2017, 12:48 AM

Minor updates. The glove box is a useless bit of kit given that it's vertical. So I ordered a glove box tidy to give it some structure.

Well made piece of kit, simple to put together with excellent instructions

Before

After

Then I put in a solid go pro mount from the same company that uses the wind deflector mounts

And fitted

The car also had a wasp.... I contemplated burning the car out....

He ended up in the folds of the soft top going mental and the hard top was on. So I couldn't let him out. So I left the car for a day until he reappears and got him out then. The picture doesn't do it justice. I felt I could put a saddle on him and ride to Narnia

Quick Reply: My 1999 JDM AP1